GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys after months of waiting and building I finally got my GTR on the road, it barely has 600k on the new build and it has its first Photo shoot.

Here are two sample pics Giancarlo Pawelec took on Saturday, it was a cold cold windy day, so much so a XMAS tree was blown over in the back ground of the still shot.

The still shot was taken on Staten Island where I live and the memorial in the back ground in called Postcards a tribute to the fallen people of Staten Island caught up in 9-11. In t he back ground is the current New York City Skyline. In the moving picture you can see the Verrazano Bridge in the back ground which connects Brooklyn to Staten Island...

Enjoy
Ross

You can see more of the car here:
www.giancarlopawelec.com and Giancarlo Pawelec's Photography

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Excellent photos Ross. :smokin: :bowdown1:

Just a quick question...
Have you thought about bonnet pins as it seems to be lifting from the headlights in the 1st picture?
Don't want it flying open, like a couple have, at high speeds mate.

Matt.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Looks very nice,good pics;)

What about the hood,it doesn´t look really closed on the right side:nervous:

·
Registered
501 Posts
It may not look quite so good when the bonnet blows up and smashes back down on the roof breaking the windscreen, denting the roof, and nocking your rear view mirror onto the floor. :(

Get some bonnet pins!

Butuz

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It may not look quite so good when the bonnet blows up and smashes back down on the roof breaking the windscreen, denting the roof, and nocking your rear view mirror onto the floor. :(

Get some bonnet pins!

Butuz
Excellent photos Ross. :smokin: :bowdown1:

Just a quick question...
Have you thought about bonnet pins as it seems to be lifting from the headlights in the 1st picture?
Don't want it flying open, like a couple have, at high speeds mate.

Matt.
beautiful car, what wheels are they?
They are Gravity wheels

Looks very nice,good pics;)

What about the hood,it doesn´t look really closed on the right side:nervous:
The hood the hood the hood….. I know I know…..its a really sour subject with me. The hoods not lifting its adtullay flawed, and that angle it looks at though it lifting.

When I decided I wanted to change the hood, knowing the way I am I knew I wanted something different from the norm. I had seen all the options and they simply weren’t for me. So I searched and searched and finally found the hood I wanted but it was in a Japanese auction and had no way of buying it. I then had to find a means of getting it purchased and shipped and a fellow member was kind enough to purchase it and arrange shipping for me, and for that I’m thankful. A month or so later I finally got the hood I wanted… I popped it on and thats what I got…. And hood with a bow on the right side causing the point between the light and hood to look as though its lifting!

If you look halfway down the fender it looks higher, if you push down on that spot the hood comes forward over the light and looks the part. Like I mentioned prior the car has barely been on the road and I wanted the pics with the hood on as it gives the car the attitude I wanted so…. My contact in Japan made it clear that he cannot help me anymore as shipping this was so stressful that it turned him away altogether so I didn’t even bother telling him….at this point getting another hood looks to be out of react, besides that would be spending double the money……so like every other step I’ve taken with this car……There it is…. a flawed hood….on an otherwise flawless car….

I considered:
• Bonnet pins in the middle of the hood
• 2 sets of bonnet pins two in the front and two in the middle
• Racing style ZEUS pins which would be spread three on one side and three on the other
• Possibly riveting a steal or aluminum rod or “L” bracket on the bottom of the hood to give it shape.

However my feeling is the hood looks clean now, we actually installed the scoop in the middle to try to pull away from the flaw, but that angle its blatantly clear so something has to be done!

Any ideas, has anyone been through this?

Absolutely Stunning

Well done Ross
Very good :)
Thanks guys….

·
Registered
256 Posts
Looks good, I always liked gold wheels on a dark car. Maybe with heat you are able to get the flaw out, but dont know for sure. Otherwise great car.

BTW, who is doing the import on the Skylines now in the USA, still Motorex??

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
missing one thing,JUN side skirts ;)

other than that,fantastic car mate
Thank you, I’ve got some more shots to put up of the interior and engine, I’ll get them up soon.

Why do you say I should add a JUN sticker?

Looks good, I always liked gold wheels on a dark car. Maybe with heat you are able to get the flaw out, but dont know for sure. Otherwise great car.

BTW, who is doing the import on the Skylines now in the USA, still Motorex??
I really don’t know for sure, Moterx is for sure NOT doing it

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Stunning car Ross with brilliant picture settings.

Am looking forward to seeing the engine bay pictures!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts

Get some bonnet pins!

Butuz
ROFL

I watched Mark at "The Garage" do that in a Honda. Very funny...

sorry mate, but it was ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts