GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Robbie Ward and the guys RIPS have already done a couple of shake downs with their R32 GTR and have ironed out little issues they found (a dodgy fitting for the Nitrous and a faulty crank trigger) but today they are racing at the NZ four and rotary nationals, and did a 7.80 @ 288kph on their very first pass... And have backed it up with a 7.88 at 290kph.

The weather is starting to look a bit dicey, but I will update if any more news happens. Congratulations guys, bloody awesome show... Looks awesome!

Dan

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Well done Rob and your team! Into the sevens this soon is a great sign of the potential of MW3!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will record the next one, think he might give it a bit more on this one... The 7.7 looked easy, was straight as anything

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Fantastic stuff ! been following his progress on Facebook,as he doesn't post much on here these days.

Well done R.I.P.S :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

WoW a red 32 thats got me interested now

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Check Rips Racing on facebook there are a few video's there but I'll be putting the in car and on car video's on youtube over the next couple of days.

The car ran great, very smooth and consistent 7.7s to 7.8s without pushing particularly hard, looking forward to a getting more grip so we can lay into it some more :)

I'll be very happy if we get even a little closer to the 2 top guns on our small tyres and pump gas.

Rob.

Reactions: Evil R34

·
Registered
444 Posts
Amazing. Seen a pic of it on Facebook

·
Registered
6,560 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Turbo is so small....:D

Awesome stuff guys!

Edit,

No drama at all it looks like!! Seems super stable that pretty damn amazing. Not much of a drag person but still ... Holy cow that's fast!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Has to be lots more (aka less) to come looking at Vids.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Check Rips Racing on facebook there are a few video's there but I'll be putting the in car and on car video's on youtube over the next couple of days.

The car ran great, very smooth and consistent 7.7s to 7.8s without pushing particularly hard, looking forward to a getting more grip so we can lay into it some more :)

I'll be very happy if we get even a little closer to the 2 top guns on our small tyres and pump gas.

Rob.
Does this belong to someone in the UK?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts