GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After returning from Vancouver on Friday I was so jet lagged I did not make it to Shakespeare on Saturday as initially planned. I pulled myself together this morning and managed to get there about 12.30 today (Sunday). Last time out my car was driven at TOTB by Robbie Ward who set me a new target of 9.46 to beat which to be honest I thought was pretty daunting for a 1740kg car.

I only managed to get in three runs today before the four o'clock deadline.

1st run.

NO NOS (due to having carbon diffs. I like to warm them up)
60ft 1.703
1/4 mile 10.155
Terminal 150.29mph

2nd run.

Nos from second gear onwards.
Made a right **** of the launch!
60ft 1.999
1/4 mile 10.128
Terminal 156.14mph

3rd and final run

Nos on launch and onwards.
60ft 1.456
1/4 mile 9.464 !! Yes 9.464!!
Terminal 153.55mph.

And now some interesting facts;

I am still only running on a single, 100hp shot, Nos fogger just before the throttle body and STILL have not used the 6 port system fitted to the car!!

Yesterday I changed the LINK ECU to a G4 from a G3 and somehow in the process I turned off the flat shifter and so my 9.46 was achieved by changing gear with the clutch right the way through!!

Oh boy that bloody engine suprises me every time I go out. What a beast!!

AND STILL MORE TO COME when the flat shifter is sorted!! Unfortunatley I am now reaching the car's limit unless I upgrade the injectors, fuel pumps and turbo but then I highly suspect I could not keep up with the gearbox rebuilds if I did LOL.

I know, I know, I could strip it. Sorry will not do that!! 1740 kgs it is and is staying!

Thank you Robbie and the Team at RIPS for building me the most fabulous engine. What a pity you don't have your business here in the UK.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Nice work man, thats very cool :D Do you know if there was any footage from the day?

Loving that its still showing there is more in it :)

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good Good....

I still dont get the whole running it as heavy as you can thinking. Its like sprinting with your arms tied behind your back.

Do you use the car daily (i was under the impression it was towed to/from events)?
It's not realy a case of trying to run as heavy as I can it's all about retaining a factory built car and not turning it into a blatant race car. It looks totaly standard as though it just left the Nissan factory with a few improvements of course.

My daily driver is my Stagea Autech but I do use the GTR on the road every weekend unless I am competing then I use my truck to carry the car. The reason is simple...it is in case I break something whilst racing. Having the truck enables me to get home easily plus I have room to carry all my tools, fuel, spare wheels, etc. The inside of the GTR is like new and I have no intention of of spoiling it by carrying a load of dirty greasy items in it.

The GTR is of course MOT'd, taxed and insured.

·
Registered
153 Posts
A couple of pics from your run Jeff.
Yes, with the exception of one run it was all looking very smooth. I'm sure there is more to come.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's not realy a case of trying to run as heavy as I can it's all about retaining a factory built car and not turning it into a blatant race car. It looks totaly standard as though it just left the Nissan factory with a few improvements of course.

My daily driver is my Stagea Autech but I do use the GTR on the road every weekend unless I am competing then I use my truck to carry the car. The reason is simple...it is in case I break something whilst racing. Having the truck enables me to get home easily plus I have room to carry all my tools, fuel, spare wheels, etc. The inside of the GTR is like new and I have no intention of of spoiling it by carrying a load of dirty greasy items in it.

Ludders its quite enjoyable to cruise the streets in a genuine 9.4 second street GTR isn't it...you feel like you own the road and every car on it. I know i get a kick out of people who see my car running mid 9's on the strip, only to see it driving around town a few days after. I have only not trailered my car to an event twice...it happens that they were the only 2 times i broke it (blown turbo and busted oil pump) i see it as good 'insurance' to use the trailer. Im still clutching mine too...will be looking into a geartick strain gauge for flatshifting the dogbox at the next meet in a few weeks. How is your gear cut set-up?

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Great results Jeff.

A bit of a shame you didn't drive it at TOTB; that result would have been a rake of points for the team :)

·
Registered
4,821 Posts

yup, understand the towing. Ours is road legal / mot'd / tax'd etc but we tow it all the time. Less hassle when (not if) things brake! hehe

You going for an 8?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts