GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the dragster sold I thought I might as well build something a bit different to use to test and develop new RIPS parts, to use for fun on the street and mix it with the V8 boys on the strip in the street/top street classes.

Here's a few pix of a bit of progress, RIPS Plenim with 6 port NOS foggers:

RIPS rocker covers:

Jigging up a dummy motor to do intercooler plumbing etc:

5 inch dump pipe with merged wastegate pipe to be fully street legal:

RIPS 1500hp fuel system:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nice work rob as usual look forward to seing this progress

Loving the intake manifold. Bit to shiney for me. Id have added some matte black ;)

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
The cam covers look awesome Rob!!! as does the dump pipe :chuckle:

TT

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks good mate what kind of car is that ?
Its a Nissan Stagea, all the same running gear as a GTR so although a different external shape, any products we develop or any results we get will cross straight over to a GTR, I just liked the idea of a "dirty old station wagon" lining up against big blown V8 drag cars and if things go to plan, will actually have a chance of winning a few races.

The car has been teched and passed for Top Street devision in NZ, its run on indexes based on the National record for the different weight breaks of Top Street (this will be around 1550-1600kg) these are the kinds of cars I will race against, the guy in the red honda with a blown V8 has won the championship a few times:
NZDRA Summer Nationals Taupo 2-1-2008 Video 2 - YouTube

I don't know of anyone who has ever turned up in a full street trim car (let alone a street legal Jappa) and run against these guys so it should be a bit of fun. :popcorn:

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Custom double pass radiator being test fitted:

Fuse box made by Jase from Infomotive:

Rob

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A 1000kw Stagea?, I doubt it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
A 1000kw Stagea?, I doubt it :thumbsup:
all the better! Me and my mate have just broken my R33GTST after a "bump" some insane part of me wants to buy an auto Stagea thats on ebay atm for £1100. Fit a manual/rwd conversion and have a Stagea drift car... station wagon drifter!... would be different thats for sure!

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

1 - 20 of 190 Posts