GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He peeps I'm looking for some advice on wether or not I should go for a rips plenum or my 33 gtr.

My reason for wanting one is my stock unit is tired and covered in manly black paint which needs removing/reprinting! Plus I have a high idle issue due to throttle bodies being polished so I'm told by my tuner. So it needs to come off at some point!

I am a bit of a show off and like shiny things in my engine bay! :blahblah:

So I can think of lots of pros to why I should buy one but is there any cons??

The car is only used at weekends now and then!

Relivent mod list

Link g4 and map sensor
Arc air box
Tomei fuel rail/areoquip fuel reg
725cc usnu injectors
Gt2860r-5's

Stock internals and not looking to push the power past 500 fly hp

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The RIPS plenum seems to work OK on my 34 and the quality is top notch. Visually will look great, suggest you maybe get one of the heat resistant clear coatings. Probably technically over kill for your power level, but since it does not 'eat' anything, why not?

You don't mention changing the I/C, are you staying with stock? The 2860's should easy deliver 500ATF. 725cc INJ is also overkill for only 500, stock injectors will almost give you that!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have a 34 engine in 33 :) I will be keeping the stock 33 cooler for now.

Regarding the injectors we selected these just in case I wanted to push for more power in the future.

It's is mainly a visual thing for me at this time, I'm sure it can't hurt to have one at my power level

1 - 3 of 3 Posts