GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a weekend we've just had at Import Allstars. :D

The track was "reasonable" and we started off gently, 7.91, our first 7 in the FED.

During the day I got a little braver although the car was still all over the place, we ran 7.88, 7.81, 7.64 and 7.56, to say we are all over the moon would be an understatement especially as I had to bail early on the 7.56 due to heading for the wall, the mph was low at just 169 (would have expected 180+ on a 7.5) so things are looking very good indeed.

The trans behaived itself and it "seems" to be ok now, a few more runs will confirm for sure its all sorted.

The crash crew at around 1/2 track were saying I came past them haizing the tyres which was what was causing the drift action from 1/2 track, not a nice feeling but I managed to keep my foot hard up it for at least 2 of the runs.

I'm still on the old tyres I got with the car and the track definatly didn't feel as good as last weekends comp meeting but we are learning quite quickly and we are more than happy to have a 7.5 in the bag with just 11 or 12 runs under our belts.

Big thanks to all my sponsers and supporters, without you all it wouldn't be possible,

Here's a link to some video's and the photographers there said they got some real good shots so no dought they will turn up in a few days,

YouTube - RIPS FED Import Allstars 7.91

YouTube - RIPS FED 7.64

YouTube - RIPS FED 7.56 @ 169mph

Robbie.

3,665 Posts
looking good Rob, looking at the 7.56 vid it looked good fun at the top end.

What sort of RPM do you launch at?

M

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What sort of RPM do you launch at?
It comes up to around 6000 on the transbrake, possibly a little more than we'd like but its the only converter I could get at short notice (it was built for a 1500hp blown alky big block for a stall of 4500 they said)

Rob

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I can see a new section coming on for fasest RB doorslammer ie/ car with doors & fastest RB anything goes ;)

Now where's that GSXR 1100 slingshot - (would an RB shoehorn into one of those !! :)

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can see a new section coming on for fasest RB doorslammer ie/ car with doors & fastest RB anything goes ;)
Lol, yeah that would be good, the FED is 930kg so a purpose built door car could be done around the same or less pretty easy.

Does a hatch on the roof of a funny car shell count as a door and if I put 2 hatches on does that make it a door car?? :nervous::nervous:

I'm pretty sure if we started with a blank page and "open season" we'd be able to build something around 650-700kg, then all we'd need is Reeces engine and take on the big boys in NZ with their 5s/250 dragsters :D

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Congratulations Rob on some fantastic times. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Congrats mate, that looks like fun, reminds me of my Black Widow Catapult i had...lol.That has got to be scary.

Tony

·
Registered
771 Posts
what times will you be aiming for long term, whats the goal?
what fuel & boost level are u running?

that last run heading for the wall - i almost lost a heart beat

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what times will you be aiming for long term, whats the goal? what fuel & boost level are u running?
I didn't think we'd be at 7.5 so soon but the LONG term goal is a 6/200 but after feeling what it did on the 7.5 I'm not sure I want to push it much further for a while, I really thought it was going to turn to custard at the end there.

what fuel & boost level are u running?
Q16 and variable around 18-22psi at this stage.

We turned the boost down quite a bit after the 7.56 it still ran 7.64 but at quite a bit more mph so it shows how much wheelspin it had on the 7.56.

that last run heading for the wall - i almost lost a heart beat
I lost heaps of them, one of my staff was in the crowd and aparently the grand stand went silent, all stood up (as they do when there is impending doom, lol) and after my chute came out they just looked at each other and went "fark that was close :nervous:"

I'll be taking it easy now till I know the grip is there,

Rob

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congratulations on the pass. 169 is pretty low for a 7.5.
For sure, I chickend out of it hence the 169, on a previous 7.8 we'd run over 175 and when we turned the boost down after the 7.56 it ran 7.64 @ 174mph. I'm pretty sure it should have been 177-180 on the 7.56.

Yeah, thats the car to beat, I bet it was at least as light as the FED though judging by how light the R33 GTR was, people presume the FED is a super light rail around 700kg but its a real tub of lard with all the gear we have in it, and then OMFG when I hop in, its history I tell ya (930kg all up)

Have you/anyone ever seen any video's of the HKS 180sx runs or any data like 60ft, 330, 1/2 track et/mph etc??

Rob

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Have you/anyone ever seen any video's of the HKS 180sx runs or any data like 60ft, 330, 1/2 track et/mph etc??
I talked with Kawasaki-san about it one year when he was over for a drift event in Las Vegas. Nissan Skyline GT-R s in the USA Blog: D1-NHRA Las Vegas

Obviously being a GT-R nut, I was interested in talking with him about the cars he drove. It was about 4 am so I couldn't ask quiet as many as I wanted to.

He said that at Englishtown the car hooked better than it ever hooked and carried the front wheels high and far. The first time, he said it did a wheelie like that. I can't really remember what else we talked about. I thought I saw some video of the car before, but I can't find it.

Nitto Extreme Performance Sport Compact Nationals- Turbo & HIgh Tech Performance Magazine

Some wrong info in there. RB-not a 4 cylinder, and I have always seen the car as a twin setup.

"We were impressed with the Nissan's e.t. The four-cylinder single turbo's 7.18 was right on the tail of the Celica's best effort of 7.10 and the Celica had twice the pistons and twice the turbos. The HKS 180SX was definitely the star of the event. In the first round, Lingenfelter was stronger in his victory, running a 7.48 to Kawasaki's 7.59. In the semis, Kawasaki got back in the groove with a 7.19 at 191.46 mph while Lingenfelter kept consistent at 7.44. In the finals, the HKS 180SX screamed to a 7.25 at a whopping 193.46 mph as Lingenfelter registered a 9.25 at 104 mph."

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd be pretty damn sure that 180sx would be no more than 2100lb though, nice job, bet the 60fts were killer too.

Rob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts