GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 796 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my fairly standard R33 GTR for a couple of years and have had an enormous amount of enjoyment from it but with a background of riding fast bikes I need a little more and so I am having the car stripped and rebuilt at RIPS in New Zealand.

I have given Rob a simple target (ha ha) of returning my car to me once it is capable of a 10 second quarter mile and looks like a show car!!

This is how the car looked before the work started.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
That will surprise a few people if you keep it looking standard, what a sleeper :chuckle:

I see your from the Wycombe area aswell, I will look forward to seeing this when it gets back to the UK. I hope the build goes to plan and keep us informed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was my overriding instruction - from the outside it must look absolutely standard!
Looking forward to meeting the Wycombe players soon!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
10 second car:

So that's about 650bhp at the wheels, an RB30 and a big single turbo? and will need things like a mutliplate plate clutch, custom fuel system, race exhaust, extended baffled sump, new ecu, then your probably close to or past the limit of the standard gearbox for reliability and so some form of gearbox upgrade... then there's the bodywork to make it lok like a show car. Plus shipping

If you intend to run it competitively then there's the safety equipment (down to 9.99s) minimum requirement of a half cage and harnessess.

What's your budget - not really expecting you to disclose that to all but I'd guess conservatively at 40K GBP min :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
By the look of the discolouring on some of the alloy parts (ABS pump,plenum etc) and the rust around the seams, it looks to have seen some salt water or salt roads in it's life. It might pay to have Rob strip it down completely to etch/rust kill the whole car.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Look forward to following this thread :)

Very grateful to Rob for the number of pics he takes... makes for mucho enjoyment

·
Registered
852 Posts
Look forward to following this thread :)

Very grateful to Rob for the number of pics he takes... makes for mucho enjoyment
Was about to say that!

Really makes it a great restoration / rebuild thread! :smokin:

Very interested to watch the progress Rob!

1 - 20 of 796 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.