GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I remember the rips built Borg car was sold a while ago I just wondered can anyone remember how much it was ?

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
When it was on eBay, Yes Mike. I assume that it cost at least twice that amount to restore and build it to that spec.
I’m surprised it even went on eBay. thats the sort of car buyers line up for ‘if you ever want to sell it...”
shame really

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
thats the sort of car buyers line up for ‘if you ever want to sell it...”
Yeah, I had that with my old GSi 3000 24v. Was absolutely fascinating watching so many allegedly interested parties squirm in agony trying not to look like utter c0ck$ when I did decide I would let it go.

Most Folks like to "Big themselves up" especially when surrounded by a Group of other like minded enthusiasts by saying they'd buy all manner of things Publically but when it comes time to actually put their Hands in their Wallets and pony up the Cash for real, See how many politely make their excuses "How its not really a good time for them just right now" before running for the Hills....Never to be heard from again!

Or you've got the t'other Crowd, "What £50k for an old R33 GT-R?...I could buy a McLaren/Porsche/R35/Blah-blah-blah for that kinda money.....

And so on and on!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess it must of cost over £100k to buy the car then do all the mods, currently pondering on an old school big power r33 gtr myself, but prices are vastly different now to what they were 6+ years ago before I got my r35 !

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
I guess it must of cost over £100k to buy the car then do all the mods, currently pondering on an old school big power r33 gtr myself, but prices are vastly different now to what they were 6+ years ago before I got my r35 !
Markets changed so much. What’s a 33 these days? 20k?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Markets changed so much. What’s a 33 these days? 20k?

Well my last r33 was £15k, -c- old car, highly modified 700 hp car.
Admitadly that had 1-3 os giken gears whereas what I'm looking at now has 0s88 and another 300 hp
Just difficult to work out value, valueing it from my experience all those years ago is now miles low lol

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts

Well my last r33 was £15k, -c- old car, highly modified 700 hp car.
As close as I could find quickly...

Admitadly that had 1-3 os giken gears whereas what I'm looking at now has 0s88 and another 300 hp
Just difficult to work out value, valueing it from my experience all those years ago is now miles low lol
Difficult to say as so few big BHP ones are For Sale currently but probably well into R35 prices as time goes on I'd imagine....

JM2PW!

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
I’m not convinced they sell though l. Nothing sold for over 21k on eBay in past 3 months. Still think the market is over inflated.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As close as I could find quickly...

[/URL]

Difficult to say as so few big BHP ones are For Sale currently but probably well into R35 prices as time goes on I'd imagine....

JM2PW!

That is bonkers money imo for a stock gearbox I assume, one I'm pondering on is over £50k but has os88 in it
I’m not convinced they sell though l. Nothing sold for over 21k on eBay in past 3 months. Still think the market is over inflated.

That's what I'm worried about, really want this car but don't want to pay over the odds and loose a bomb if I ever sell it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts