GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a bit of a project thread. As to how far I'll go with this build ive no idea, but things are already getting a little carried away and I've only had the car a few months.
I bought the car from RS-Direct back in March time. Got a great deal on the car thanks to Jurgen.
59 plate, DMG premium edition GT-R with 22k on the clock. Everytime I bought a car in the past I always had to compromise something, so I was determained I'd wait until the perfect car came along, and that it did.

The car was a Litchfield stage 4 when I bought it, with the following spec.
Forge intakes
Litchfield 1000cc injectors
Milltek Y-pipe
Milltek catback
ECUTEC v3 software.
Upgraded gearbox circlips
Pagid blue pads
New discs
New tyres
Recent full service.

It looked like this in the showroom.

Jurgen was kind enough to come down to Bristol with me to check the car out. His opinion on the car was it was a pristine example. We plugged the laptop in to check the logs and it had never been launched, never saw clutch protection not has it ever had high engine or gearbox temps. So I paid there and then and drove the car back to Newcastle.
1 very happy new owner and my 1st of many fill ups no doubt.

I didn't have the car 24hrs and I was messing with it. I fitted 2 blitz super sound BOVs I bought from George.

Pretty tight fit in the garage haha

Cheeky picture next to my wife's Zed.

Being a bit of a carbon whore, I couldn't help myself.
Ordered:-
Carbon front splitter
Carbon eyelids
Carbon air intakes
Carbon wing vents
Carbon front grille
Set of DRL's

Stripped the bumper off

Marked it up for the intakes and cut the holes with a hole saw.

Side intake funnels cut in ready for ducting.

While everything was stripped I upgraded the intercooler pipework to polished hard pipes.

Next came a Knight racer header tank.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All back together.

Next came a carbon slam panel

Time for the downpipe cats to go and a v4 ECUTEC Motorsports map. So it was off to JM-Imports to borrow the ramp for the day.

No issues at all getting the cats out. Was a pretty simple straight forward job.

Old Vs new. Stock downpipes and my new Russ Fellows cast downpipes I heat wrapped with DEI titanium heat wrap.

All finished and map loaded in. All ready to do some logs.

Whilst at JM, I bought a set of bonnet cancellers as I didn't fancy my bonnet popping anytime soon.

Pulled the poppers out.

Bought a high level rear spoiler from another member, so stripped the stock spoiler off the night before, then it was an 8hr round trip to collect it.

Sits nicely.

Carbon bonnet dampers next. Hinge cover required modding but wasn't much of a big deal.

4 tail light conversion courtesy of R35 Audio.

Knight racer diffuser fins

I'm also waiting on delivery of some carbon side skirts and rear diffuser. Fingers crossed they should be here this week or early next I hope.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The exterior is almost finished apart from getting it a little Lower and a set of these bad boys in 21".

My wife has kindly offered to buy me these for my birthday in October so I'll be ordering them in September as there made custom and take about 5 weeks. Really can't wait.

Hopefully I'll have more updates soon as the spending spree continues.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Great work mate :cool: You know that it's perfect now and you don't need more power do you :chuckle:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great work mate :cool: You know that it's perfect now and you don't need more power do you :chuckle:
It's enevitable really George.
Box is coming out this winter to have another clutch plate fitted and what ever else it needs. I've a feeling a built engine won't be far behind.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carbon skirts arrived today. Really easy to fit. Took me about an hour all told.
Also I fitted 2 more diffuser fins to the rear. Makes the rear look much better.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gave the gearbox solenoid tray a clean last weekend.
Had an issue with the car coming out of 4th gear at light throttle. Hoped the clean would sort the issue.
Old oil out, which pained me as it had only done 4k

Sump off and solenoid tray out.

Tray split, cleaned out and all small filters cleaned. To be honest it wasn't very dirty at all.

Solenoids out and cleaned.

All back together and on the way home I found this to eat.

Next mod, carbon Exhaust diffuser.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its been a while since I updated this guys. Nothing much has gone on really apart from enjoying the car over the summer.
But everyone knows, winter is for upgrades. So, Ive started collecting some parts to do my transmission upgrade.

So far I have:-
HKS transmission pan
Dodson circlips
Dodson transmission filters x 2
Dodson magnet kit
solenoid circlips.

Whilst its all apart ill be doing a 14 clutch plate upgrade too, so the box is ready for my engine build next year.

Also, my bell housing is just beginning to rattle, its not bad yet but I can just say hear it when the cars warm, so I hoping to change this whilst the car is up on the ramps and the gearbox is getting done.

Im quite looking forward to pulling it apart if im honest.

pictures coming soon :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few more updates going on.
To finish off the carbon theme I fitted a carbon diffuser/exhaust surround.

Old diffuser off.

And all fitted.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some local supra owners had a dyno day at Evotune in Durham so seems I hadn't had a power run since I fitted the downpipes I thought I'd stick her on.

Was quite disopointed with the results if I'm honest.
When I bought the car it was a stage 4 with a dyno printout of of 597hp. My power run after I fitted the downpipes and had a remote Motorsports map, the car made 576hp, but what was more concerning was I had a torque spike of almost 700ft/lb at 3750 rpm. I asked Jamie if he had time to remap the car whilst I was there and the results were much better. 641hp and 635ft/lb at 1.25 bar. He backed it off a little more to 1.2bar just to keep the torque figure safe on the rods. The road mapping proved it was a different car to what I had before. Power is a lot smoother and refined. Much much better car to drive.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A few pics from Scottish modified car show.

Now I'm collecting parts for my gearbox build very soon.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Some local supra owners had a dyno day at Evotune in Durham so seems I hadn't had a power run since I fitted the downpipes I thought I'd stick her on.

Was quite disopointed with the results if I'm honest.
When I bought the car it was a stage 4 with a dyno printout of of 597hp. My power run after I fitted the downpipes and had a remote Motorsports map, the car made 576hp, but what was more concerning was I had a torque spike of almost 700ft/lb at 3750 rpm. I asked Jamie if he had time to remap the car whilst I was there and the results were much better. 641hp and 635ft/lb at 1.25 bar. He backed it off a little more to 1.2bar just to keep the torque figure safe on the rods. The road mapping proved it was a different car to what I had before. Power is a lot smoother and refined. Much much better car to drive.
Good to hear your still enjoying it John but knowing you it won't be long till the motor is out and more parts going in lol

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good to hear your still enjoying it John but knowing you it won't be long till the motor is out and more parts going in lol
That's the plan for next winter ;)
Built engine, stage 4 with turbos maxed out. Hopefully make around 670hp and 700ft/lb with a few flames too lol.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts