4/5k different but when it brake's they'll cost the same:eek:

No problem mate when ever your ready.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #204 (Edited)
Cheers Greg one day mate!

Simon

Rk 30 is Rb26 block with liners and a deck plate, Ron has his own very high strength/quality billet cranks and rods.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Marko R1 Not sure which model osg sequential it is but Ron says it performs and feels totally different to any other osg sequential he's had or used. It came with steven [ bayside gtr ] his son's R32gtr race car from japan.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
There have been many upgrades to the os88
the last one is a dog ring and selector change
Mark Mosler has had his done and just run into the 8.9s with it at the pod today!!!
well done Mark

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
That's good news for Mark Ron.

I bolted up the anti roll bar blade and bracket today fits perfect and lines up nicely with the dummy shock.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Cheers Mikster. Can't wait is an understatement I think about it every minute of every day lol.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
I don't know anyone with one for sale try the traders or the for sale section.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
bigmikespec

It's a mcpherson front and rear setup which only uses the bottom wishbones.

The camber is controlled by the bracket mounted on the of the bearing carrier and the casters controlled by the top mount.

Neil

·
Registered
659 Posts
bigmikespec

It's a mcpherson front and rear setup which only uses the bottom wishbones.

The camber is controlled by the bracket mounted on the of the bearing carrier and the casters controlled by the top mount.

Neil
Makes more sense now; any particular reason for using the Macpherson set up rather than double wishbone?

Great work, keep the updates coming!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
I would have loved a double wishbone setup but my budget only streches to a mcpherson lol.

Hopefully should have some updates over the next few week as the next stage of fabrication has started.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Well pleased with the workmanship Irish GTR

Cheers John:thumbsup:

I managed to take a mould of the rear quaters this week, i still need to prep the moulds as in the pic you can see they've came straight off the car and will need trimming and a dose of wet and dry.

I coudn't help my self in removing the passenger side rear quater and seat belt holder to see how much it weighed, 12kg's well pleased with that as the other side will weigh more with the fuel filler area so approx 25kg's out and hopfully not to much back in.

Fair play to you chap you have some big balls!

Now that you have got to this stage and have a fiberglass mould I would be tempted to do the rear section in carbon :)

EDIT: Sorry mate you already put that you was making these into carbon rear sections... I should learn to read all your progress!! :)

201 - 220 of 911 Posts