GTR Forum banner

261 - 280 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
magnificent project ... you guys are just psychos, lads, we have in Russia on such a dream you can, so we slizhkom is so expensive to build a car (((
Keep in tomzhe rhythm, very niteresno prodrlzhenie and the completed project))

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Sorry no pics yet but will have some soon!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Looking forward to it mate.

Still need to speak to you regarding my own little project and moulding various parts of the shell.
Just been to busy with everything else at the moment.

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Cheers mate, the only thing i've been doing mould wise is i've made a 5 piece mould of the rear quaters, lights and boot lid rain troff which i'll take some pics of soon.

The idea is all 5 pieces will be bonded together so they all support each other, the boot lid rain troff has been modified so the water runs off and over the center part of the rear bumper not behind the rear bumper as it normaly does.

As the 5 parts will support each other the rear end will not need much in the way of metal bracketry so will enable me to cut away everything metal from the base of the rear screen to the back of the car except the rear chassis legs.

Give us a shout when ever your ready mate will be good to see what your doing.

Cheers
Neil

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
I eventually got round to laying up the rear end in fibre glass in one piece. I'll be de moulding it and droping it off to my fabricators on sunday so he can make the necessary bracketry to support everything.

I'm looking forward to seeing the car as he says there a fair bit of unnecessary metal he's cut away if that was possible lol.

I'll hopefully have some more pics to post up after the weekend.

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Been down to see the car today was funny to see the car with no back end, we're using the fibre glass back end so the tubs can be made and the bracketry can be located.

I haven't weighed what metals be removed but it definitly feels heavy, what i do know is once the carbon replacement has been made it will be a fraction of the weight.

The fuel cell has been positioned and the supports have been started, over the next 2 weeks 99 percent of the fabrication work will be complete as i'll be taking the car to get it's inconel manifold and titanium exhaust made before it goes back to have the final parts finished off at the fabricators.

·
Registered
672 Posts
i think you will need some big spoiler and diffuser to keep this featherweight down on the road lool its amazing how much work that has been put on this car! keep it up!

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
JoeyZobrist

My aim is to be around the 1100kg's but until the day when she's on the scales i'll be eagerly waiting.

jdmchrist

If you've seen some of the earlier pics i think i have the large spoiler covered LOL, but i need to make a diffuser.

Cheers
Neil

·
Registered
787 Posts
Neilo, your the nuts.

Got alot of respect for you and cant wait to see the overall weight once you are finished :)

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Cheers wade, i can only dream of that magic number { 1000kg's } but what ever it turns out to be i know it'll be as light as i can make it.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Nice work, your going at it with no mercy, I like it!!!

Rob

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
neilo , you got too much money !
wish i had had those sort of finance's lol

its looking good though :thumbsup:

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Cheers Rob and jaycabs,

You know Rob no mercy all the way lol.

Neil

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Yes easily ....
1000 something kg is definatley do able
What Reeses car weigh ?
Reece's is over 1300kg he told me but he has alot of heavy equipment that soon adds up like ice water box, water to air intercooler, very heavy turbo and manifold, dry sump etc etc.

I think you'd have to make a HUGE effort and probably at great expense to get a complete running medium to high power GTR at or under 1000kg.

I'm hoping for under 1300 with our 32 but I'll have similar equipment to Reece's car so I dought ours will be much lighter if at all.

Robbie.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I never said under 1000, I said 1000 something ...or in other words under 1100kg is possible.
But yes, it would require some effort ...
Pretty sure glens is 1200 something, doesnt run mac struts and crmly subframes , arms etc:

The yes easy was in reply to
Im at 1470, think I could find another 100?

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
I know between 1100kg and 1200kg is deffinitly do able with my subframe and suspension setup as that alone saves 100kg , but the 1000kg plus is a dream which sometimes can come true LOL.

All i know is what ever it'll be will be but i'll try ...king hard to get it down.

Neil

261 - 280 of 911 Posts