GTR Forum banner

281 - 300 of 911 Posts

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Cheers matt, it'll be around 800hp and hopefully similar torque.

When i get to the engine stage i'll be posting up pics of the engine build Ron is doing for me at RK.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I never said under 1000, I said 1000 something ...or in other words under 1100kg is possible.
I know, and I agree, my comment about trying to get one under 1000 was a seperate thing all together.

Rob

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
a tommy kaira ZZ2 would solve the weight issue :D

( thats better , now all 3 pics are showing again )

shame these never really had the chance like the GTR did

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Yeah, any more info or pix?
Does it have a V drive and 2wd?

Rob

·
Registered
115 Posts
what is this car? ive never seen it before...looks like fun!
Yeah, any more info or pix?
Does it have a V drive and 2wd?

Rob
That was Tommy Kaira's successor to the ZZ, the ZZII. It was mentioned to have a rear facing RB26 in a mid/rear engine configuration with 550hp in an aluminum body. It supposedly ran 4WD as well. Basically TK built this one off car (the blue one seen across the net), then they went bankrupt and Autobacs bought them. The car was then renamed the RS-01 under ASL (Autobacs Sports Car Laboratory) and I believe may have eventually had something to do with the Garaiya that ASL also made. I could not tell you if any were ever sold or exist within Japan.

Sorry for going a bit off-topic

·
2,671 Posts

·
2,671 Posts
then they went bankrupt and Autobacs bought them.
hence probably why there isnt much on the net about it

these could have made there mark in history but just didnt .

not off topic too much as it was about the weight :D

sorry neilo :nervous:

;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

Really nice build on you car. Ill hope all turns out as you expect.:thumbsup:
I have a small question though.

When driving a car with McPerson suspension everyone says double wishbone setup for better geometry during compression, rolls and so on..

You are doing the opposit ??

Im not after all the trix in you book but im still qurious why you went this way.

Regards
Martin
Sweden

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Hi Martin
Thanks for your comments! As you said the double wishbone would be better than a single Mcpherson setup but as this setup cost a small fortune a double wishbone was out of my price range.

The setup which has been designed for my car has hopefully delt with the problems a standard/after market setup has, weight, roll centres, caster, camber and chassis rigidity.

But the proof will be in the pudding so we'll have to see.

Cheers
Neil

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the answer.

I do understand the cost issue. I have talked with a few chassi companys about new setup for my Cosworth and the cost is a bit scary ;)

Good luck, ill keep watching this thread ;)

Regards
Martin

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
LOL Jamie you and me both mate!

·
2,671 Posts
neilo , just out of curiosity ........... not including engine work , how much is this costing you with all the car stripped down , cage , new lighter back end et....etc....?

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
ALOT!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
ALOT!!!!!!!!!!
I think your playing it safe there mate, I have found in the past its actually usually "ALOT", double it, add a bit more, then your close :D

Nice work, keep it up, great to see we're both doing similar builds without either of us knowing about the other untill recently, and one being for drag and the other for track is doubley awesome.

Robbie.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Maate, long time no speak!

I see nothings changed, you're still as mad and committed as ever.:bowdown1:

Very impressed with what you're doing, good luck with her:thumbsup:

·
Registered
269 Posts
inspirational

Hi Neilo,

I just wanted to drop a quick line as I was the first to start this type of project on this forum. There is only a very limited # of such dedicated from scratch builds, I wish you all the best in finishing it.
I wonder if we ever get the chance to compare the two cars, my GTR32 and your GTR34. Targets are similar, power is similar - should be a great showdown once ready :flame:
We seem to have similar taste too, was talking to Ron about an Inconel Manifold that originally was initiated by you as I understand.
My Trust manifold cracks alot, was looking at your ceramic coated manifold but thought of going Inconel.
Any pictures of the manifold?

Great progress, like the R34 so much :thumbsup:

281 - 300 of 911 Posts