GTR Forum banner

301 - 320 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I just wanted to drop a quick line as I was the first to start this type of project on this forum. There is only a very limited # of such dedicated from scratch builds
Let see yours then :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi Neilo,

I just wanted to drop a quick line as I was the first to start this type of project on this forum. There is only a very limited # of such dedicated from scratch builds, I wish you all the best in finishing it.
I wonder if we ever get the chance to compare the two cars, my GTR32 and your GTR34. Targets are similar, power is similar - should be a great showdown once ready :flame:
We seem to have similar taste too, was talking to Ron about an Inconel Manifold that originally was initiated by you as I understand.
My Trust manifold cracks alot, was looking at your ceramic coated manifold but thought of going Inconel.
Any pictures of the manifold?

Great progress, like the R34 so much :thumbsup:
Yes was your R32 ever finished? Build thread has been dead for a while...

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Yes was your R32 ever finished? Build thread has been dead for a while...
Just had a read of his thread, our 32 is similar in alot of ways, he's gone further than us in some areas and we we've gone further than his in some areas, quite amasing that there's now 3 cars all getting similar builds and I for one didn't know of this 32 or what Nelio was doing in some areas till after we'd done some of the same things to ours without these 2 guys knowing what we were up to, haha...awesome.

Rob

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Just had a read of his thread, our 32 is similar in alot of ways, he's gone further than us in some areas and we we've gone further than his in some areas, quite amasing that there's now 3 cars all getting similar builds and I for one didn't know of this 32 or what Nelio was doing in some areas till after we'd done some of the same things to ours without these 2 guys knowing what we were up to, haha...awesome.

Rob

There's actually 4! And I believe it's the most advanced in it's build process!

Neils one is basically a 34 version of the RK Tuning R32 project. Except a few things neils gone more extreme with.
But as things stand, the RK project which is bout 2 years into it's build is currently away being painted!

And yes it's taken the likes of me 2 years to get Ron to sign up here and start his build thread. Lol

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Tell me about it fabrication is slow but next week the inconel manifold and titanium exhaust will be started so looking forward to that. I'm on holiday at the moment and so is my fabricator so not much body work going on this week. Thanks for all your cmoments and good to here from you harry.

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Went to see my car yesterday to finalise the exhaust and waste gate positioning and had a look at the awesome inconel manifold they've just about finished.

The workmanship is second to none, the precise cutting and welding is a work of art the welding on the inside is nearly as good as the outside!!!

Now we've finalised the position of the exhaust and waste gate they can finish the job off in the next week or so which i'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

My aim is for the tail pipe and waste gate pipe to exit the side of the car through the seals on the pasenger side of the car, the exhaust will exit infront of the rear wheel and the waste gate pipe will exit behind the front wheel. Also i want the whole system to not hang lower than the chassis rails so more floor pan will need cutting away, poor old girl ! lol.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Looks great, my only concern might be the wastegate pipe intergration but it depends on how much power your looking to make.

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
wastegate

Looks great, my only concern might be the wastegate pipe intergration but it depends on how much power your looking to make.
The waste gate pipes are only tacked on in those pics and not in there final position but still will be there or there abouts, i'm only going for around the 800 mark, what problem do you see Rob?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Only that they are comming out at at least 90 degree's to flow which makes it harder for the gasses to exit smoothly.

·
Registered
516 Posts
There's actually 4! And I believe it's the most advanced in it's build process!

Neils one is basically a 34 version of the RK Tuning R32 project. Except a few things neils gone more extreme with.
But as things stand, the RK project which is bout 2 years into it's build is currently away being painted!

And yes it's taken the likes of me 2 years to get Ron to sign up here and start his build thread. Lol
And now I am having my car the same as Rons and Neil's so it will be very very interesting next season:runaway:

Regards Mark

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
And now I am having my car the same as Rons and Neil's so it will be very very interesting next season:runaway:

Regards Mark
Defo mate, let's hope you keep it on the track as I don't think you will be wanting to snap one of the custom arms ;-)

Greg

·
Registered
173 Posts
The block in the car at the minute doesn't look to be an RB30 block, which would be taller then the block you're using for mock up no?? Unless you've accounted for this in your measurements of the holes for the exhaust in the bulkhead and that. Sorry to state the obvious if you have. I love this build, have been subscribed to it for a long time now and always watch it closely. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Best of luck either way!

·
Vendor
1,457 Posts
The block in the car at the minute doesn't look to be an RB30 block, which would be taller then the block you're using for mock up no?? Unless you've accounted for this in your measurements of the holes for the exhaust in the bulkhead and that. Sorry to state the obvious if you have. I love this build, have been subscribed to it for a long time now and always watch it closely. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Best of luck either way!
If you look closely your see the 25mm spacer plate between the block and the head!!!

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
If you look closely your see the 25mm spacer plate between the block and the head!!!
Thats an OSG RB30 not a RB30 block maybe thats what he means as a genuine RB30 block is taller again.

301 - 320 of 911 Posts