GTR Forum banner

321 - 340 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Neil the manifold will it be cut for expansion / distortion. As lve read one piece can cause problems shearing bolts.

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #322 (Edited)
sump

Whats that thing on the bottom of the engine that looks like a sump

Nice manifold
LOL Glen, come on you know what a sump looks like.

The mock up engine has a spacer plate in between the head and block which you can see in the pics like the osg 3ltr but this one is an RK 3ltr which also uses the RB26 block.

The external waste gate shouldn't be a problem as Darren and Mark are already using them in the series i'm building this for.

The problem with alot of after market manifold is that they are mass produced and a few small things have been over looked like not using the right bends for the job,bending bends and welding them together under stress which can lead to distortion and cracking.

My manifold has been made where each primarys has been made to fit without any stress or preload before it's welded up and using the correct bends for the job.

·
Registered
726 Posts
The problem with alot of after market manifold is that they are mass produced and a few small things have been over looked like not using the right bends for the job,bending bends and welding them together under stress which can lead to distortion and cracking.

My manifold has been made where each primarys has been made to fit without any stress or preload before it's welded up and using the correct bends for the job.
SWEET :bowdown1:

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
1 of 2 x 50mm gates with everything free flowing in both directions:

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
I understand what you guys are saying about 1 and 6 not looking as free flowing as you might have thought but as greg said [ minifreak ] these guys are designing and making exhaust systems for some of the world leading motorsport cars so i would hope and expect them to come up with the best design they could given the space they have to play with.

I haven't questioned their design but on monday i'll ask them why 1 and 6 are like this as opposed to the more obvious design.

Neil

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I haven't questioned their design but on monday i'll ask them why 1 and 6 are like this as opposed to the more obvious design.

Neil
I think that their answer will be to do with keeping all 6 legs the same length. It's gas that's flowing not a liquid so friction will play little part in it. As there are no constrictions, the leg shape will have little bearing on it's ability to clear the waste gases. Just my opinion of course.

Nice build and looking forward to seeing the finished result.

:thumbsup:

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Cheers TAZZMAXX, making all the primarys the same length was something they were going to do which is why i also think it has been made this way, but i'll still ask the question tomorrow. Will be interesting to konw as the obvious is not always the way to go!

Neil

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Its a pretty short collector too for an equal length manifold.
But, its also a lot lower than others.
The turbo flange in pretty much on the centreline of the x port.
Robs are a lot higher.
Itll be fine ....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just beginning to check out the projects over here.... But WOW!! :)
Guess started with the right one! Thats a real work of art.

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Cheers guys:thumbsup I'll be picking her up next week so will put some pics up of the whole inconel and titanium exhaust system together, can't wait:clap: Then back to the rest of the fabrication, she should start to look something over the next couple of months.

·
Vendor
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
lol robbie you've let the cat out of the bag.

321 - 340 of 911 Posts