GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Cheers guys! there's a huge amount of work to do but i'm loving every minute of it!

So far the front suspension turrets have been cut away and reinstated in there new position, the new engine mounts have also been fitted to the chassis and the front tubular sub frame is being made at the moment.

I have changed the design of the front bumper slightly to give proper ducting to the brakes and intercooler and slightly changed the front wings to vent more air from the inner arches.

The radiator will be mounted flat in the boot area and will be fed from carbon ducting using the whole of the rear quater windows.

The next major piece of moulding i have to do is to take a mould of the rear quaters so the can be remade in carbon can't wait to chop them off and feel that weight hit the floor as they will be heavier than standard anyway as all the extra metal that was used to enlarge them not to mention the filler to make them look nice.

Should have a few pics to post up this week.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Awesome build !!!!!! Cant wait to see the finished product , going be something else .:thumbsup:
Though i cant believe you done that to such a tidy R34 !!!!!!!!!!!:bawling:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Great project, but why the radiator in the boot? You overheating?

Cheers guys! there's a huge amount of work to do but i'm loving every minute of it!

So far the front suspension turrets have been cut away and reinstated in there new position, the new engine mounts have also been fitted to the chassis and the front tubular sub frame is being made at the moment.

I have changed the design of the front bumper slightly to give proper ducting to the brakes and intercooler and slightly changed the front wings to vent more air from the inner arches.

The radiator will be mounted flat in the boot area and will be fed from carbon ducting using the whole of the rear quater windows.

The next major piece of moulding i have to do is to take a mould of the rear quaters so the can be remade in carbon can't wait to chop them off and feel that weight hit the floor as they will be heavier than standard anyway as all the extra metal that was used to enlarge them not to mention the filler to make them look nice.

Should have a few pics to post up this week.

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Hi Neil

Still remember the you and the car from our first few trackdays and CATD.
Nice to see you're still a nutter :)

Best of everything with the car and you tracking it.
Will keep an eye on this thread :cool:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Looking really good:thumbsup: Nice to see some proper measurements being used:D Takes me back a bit.............& shows my age, good old imperial:thumbsup:

Dave.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
A few updates for ya lads front turrets and engine mounts fitted

Not for a while mate going to take some time not to mension the money.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The bespoke engine mounts have been made and fitted to the mock up block. Hopefully next week i should have some pics of the front subframe.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Excellent build. Looking forward to see this progress.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
726 Posts
whats going on! if you had a sub frame youd realize that the engine mounts are supposed to go to the sub frame.

21 - 40 of 911 Posts