GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Cheers guys looking forward to getting the front finished as the special bits are still to come.

worpdrive

This company have built champion race cars over the years and i'm 100% confident with what they are doing so i'll leave the designing to them. The standard subframes are not being used a tubular subframe and bespoke suspension arms have been designed to suit the car.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The turret strengthening bars in and the sub frames on, know it's going to start getting rearly good can't wait to see the suspenstion arms!

Next they'll be fitting an R32 steering rack and mounting the hubs on some dummy shocks.

One of the good parts is that heavy old swan neck has been done away with so the shock will sit straight onto the cast hubs.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Awesome project, its coming along well. I'm looking forward to following your progress with this :thumbsup:

·
Banned
78 Posts
hmmm when you see a bare shell, you know it is gonna be somthing serious! good luck with it mate, will be much interested to see the outcome:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
hi Neil, amazing work not sure I understand the engine mounts though unless it's designed so you can remove the subframe with the engine staying in place? actually that'll probably be the reason if you had a shunt during a race that would make repairs a lot quicker..

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Cheers guys, i'm rearly happy with how it's coming together and the amazing work the fabricators are doing. The reason's why the engine mounts are on the chacie is it'll make the subframe a lighter construction as it will only need to support the geometry of the suspension, but it also adds a vital lower support to the chacie and is an integral part of the dynamics of the car.

Anyway i think that's right lol.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Cheers guys, i'm rearly happy with how it's coming together and the amazing work the fabricators are doing. The reason's why the engine mounts are on the chacie is it'll make the subframe a lighter construction as it will only need to support the geometry of the suspension, but it also adds a vital lower support to the chacie and is an integral part of the dynamics of the car.

Sounds good to me lol:thumbsup:
good luck mate

·
Registered
656 Posts
i saw Rons car the other day so sort of know what yours is going to look like,,, "a bloody monster mate", fair doos to you chopping up a lovely 34,, still its to make it better at the end of the day, hope to see you up Rons some time mate, if not come an get some chips if your passing,
regards Dave

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Nice one mate will prob see you at Rons some time as i'm moulding half his car lol but if i'm pasing i'll pop in for a chip roll!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Cheers guys, i'm rearly happy with how it's coming together and the amazing work the fabricators are doing. The reason's why the engine mounts are on the chassis is it'll make the subframe a lighter construction as it will only need to support the geometry of the suspension, but it also adds a vital lower support to the chassis and is an integral part of the dyamics of the car.

Sorry just has to sort out some lame spelling lol.

·
Registered
971 Posts
yet another awsome build cant wait to see this go and the finished article makes me even more determined to see how gd mine will do this week at brands

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I think he's going to let me do all the work lol.

Steve will be good to see how she goes mate!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Fabulous build & cannot wait to see it in action ! :D

41 - 60 of 911 Posts