GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
One of the good parts is that heavy old swan neck has been done away with so the shock will sit straight onto the cast hubs.
Awesome stuff man. Just wondering what you're refering too with the swan neck comparison. You mean the control arms? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Cheers John & steve can't wait to get out in it myself will be a hole new ball game!

The swan neck is that large heavy cast section which sits on top of the cast hubs and conects to the top camber arms.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I aiming for 1000 to 1100kg the subframes and suspension setup saves over 100kg but there are plenty more weight saving exercise's to come.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I aiming for 1000 to 1100kg the subframes and suspension setup saves over 100kg but there are plenty more weight saving exercise's to come.
That is going to be mental mate if you get down to that sort of weight. Not much will live with that on track :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Looking awesome neil.

That is some serious work you are doing there. h

Has this type of work been done before you and Ron.

Or is it common practice in japan, as long as you got the budget, its just l never seen work like this before:thumbsup::thumbsup:

P.s cant remember if l said thanks but, l was the fella who came down to yours late one night to pick up r34 rear quarter glass and mud guards.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Hi mate

No problem at all mate good to have a chat.

As far as i know this is a first for a skyline in this country, i do know of a 34 with a similar setup in japan but i don't think it has turned a wheel yet.

Neil

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Cheers guys once the all the fabrication work is done the next step i'll be doing is re-moulding every panel and some parts then re-making them in a vaccume muld process out of carbon.

Steve

I'll end up posting pics of Rons car as i re-make it lol

·
Registered
885 Posts
Cheers guys once the all the fabrication work is done the next step i'll be doing is re-moulding every panel and some parts then re-making them in a vaccume muld process out of carbon.

Steve

I'll end up posting pics of Rons car as i re-make it lol
Are you making the carbon bodywork yourself??

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Yes Pat so far i've made moulds of my doors, wings, headlights but still to make bumpers, rear quaters, boot lid, bonnet, splitter, loads of ducting and a few other parts so got my work cut out lol.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yes Pat so far i've made moulds of my doors, wings, headlights but still to make bumpers, rear quaters, boot lid, bonnet, splitter, loads of ducting and a few other parts so got my work cut out lol.
Fair play to you,some man for 1 man indeed.:clap:

You wanna come over to Ireland and make a carbon fibre roof for my race car?lol

61 - 80 of 911 Posts