GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes Pat so far i've made moulds of my doors, wings, headlights still to make rear quaters, boot lid, bonnet, splitter, ducting and a few other parts so got my work cut out lol.
Is the moulding something that you do for work or just a hobby? i would love to be able to/ afford to do that sort of stuff, have even thought of trying one of those carbon mould kits to see if i can do it lol. This is just a completed different level absolutely amazing keep those pics coming :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Pat if you got a spare roof send it over and i'll mould it for you lol.

This is not what pays the bills but it's something i have a passion for, i use fibre glass in my work from time to time but making and designing bodyparts and ducting systems for race cars is something i'm very interested in and i've been doing over the last 2/3 years on my own car.

The vaccume process is something that takes alot of trial and error but i'm happy with what i've learnt and can produce.

The weight saving on certain parts is amazing there's a 4kg weight saving on the headlights alone.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
You know what they say Ron No pain no gain but in my case no dust no body parts lol.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Do ypou have a supplier that you get the maerials off to make carbon then? if so wot sort of costs are involved?

Cheers Dave

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Looking good Neil! Looking forward to seeing you moulding bit on it, know they will be excellent judging on the bits youv done for Ron!

See you thurs:thumbsup: Scampi and chips? lol

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Cheers guys going to see my car tomorrow or thursday to set the wings in place so should have a couple more pics.

LOL greg oi, oi saveloy.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Greek r34 sorry mate no standard bumper

Bandit you should see my garage looks like a the white christmas has come early lol.

Was with my car today setting out some body parts. The wings that are on the car have already been moulded so they sit 25mm wider than standard ones, the wings needed setting in position [ fibre glassing behind ] as i'm having the wings sitting proud of the door by 25mm to release turbulant air in the inner arch, i have also cut away the bottom part of the wing and made a return which also release's turbulant air.

Where the bottom of the wing has been cut away i'll be making a couple of vents to angle the air down the side of the car which will sit on and connect to the the flat panel which will stick proud and come from under the centre of the car as a side kick panel.

The bumper is now finished "I hope" before it needs moulding, i'm just keeping it simple with two large brake duct either side of the intercooler opening, i need to set the sides in position though as they're popping out of shape which is very anoying lol.

Started on some prep on the drivers side rear quater, the fuel cap was fixed in position and fillered over as it won't be used anymore and some very light sanding was done over the rest of the quater but still plenty more prep needed before i mould them.

Hopefully going back on thursday to do a bit more so might have a few more pics, the rear suspension turrets might be finished by then to.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,028 Posts
Long time reader, first time poster. lol

Neil, what pics I can see - shite internet here - look fantastic mate.

When I get home I'll pop over for a proper looksee.

Can't wait to see it running.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Once all the parts have been finished i'll be making the moulds so will definitly be having some spares but hopefully won't need them to soon lol.

Cheers Ian will be good to catch up when your back.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Cheers Marko R1 :thumbsup:

The rims are Image billet 3 piece split rims have a look on the web site.

81 - 100 of 911 Posts