GTR Forum banner

161 - 180 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
JoeyZobrist

I'm doing a few things different with the style of the body work but one of the main reasons is i'll be re moulding all the body parts and then making them in carbon as the rear quaters are steel and the rest of the body parts are fibre glass at the moment.

As there's still loads of work to do i still won't be ready for a long time :bawling: but if you'd like to see some skyline racing in the same series have a look at the dates for the Dunlop motorsport news saloon series, if i'm lucky i might be out next year:sadwavey:

Paul

Thanks for the offer mate but in the Dunlop series there's not many parts you can't change but the roof is one of them.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
The Tca's have been dummy fitted to test the geometry of the car so still not quite sitting on some rubber but getting close :D

She should site rearly nice when at the final ride height.

I've done some prep work on the rear quaters to get them ready for moulding, but havn't got the time to do any work on my own car at the moment as i'm to busy working on someone elses:(:thumbsup:

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Neil, you home these days or are you having to be out working?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Bit of both mate sometimes in the garage sometimes on the job, you back then?

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Yes, mate. Let me know when you're home and I'll pop over for chat and a pint.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Yep no prob mate i'll give you a bell soon.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Not at the moment dave :( I should have the car back a week after easter so i'll get some pics up soon.

The next step is to get her back to mine and mould the rear quaters then it'll be going for some more fabrication work here's a list of jobs what needs doing next. Every time i make a list they don't seem to get shorter :bawling::D:D

Fuel cell mounting, dry sump tank supports, header tank supports, rear wing supports, front splitter supports, radiator supports, intercooler and oil cooler end tanks and supports, intercooler pipework with wiggins connectors, radiator solid pipe and wiggins connectors, gearbox support, sump modifications, fuel filler neck, mounting peddle box, steering column and support.

Roll on the next stage:thumbsup:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Not at the moment dave :( I should have the car back a week after easter so i'll get some pics up soon.

The next step is to get her back to mine and mould the rear quaters then it'll be going for some more fabrication work here's a list of jobs what needs doing next. Every time i make a list they don't seem to get shorter :bawling::D:D

Fuel cell mounting, dry sump tank supports, header tank supports, rear wing supports, front splitter supports, radiator supports, intercooler and oil cooler end tanks and supports, intercooler pipework with wiggins connectors, radiator solid pipe and wiggins connectors, gearbox support, sump modifications, fuel filler neck, mounting peddle box, steering column and support.

Roll on the next stage:thumbsup:[/QUO
thats one big list mate ,cant wait to see it come together for you
waiting an watching mate
regards Dave

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Week after easter 2011 yer?:thumbsup::chuckle:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Don't say it Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeg!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
lol sorry mate, just preparing you :thumbsup:

you down Rons on thurs?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
The time has come for me to pick up my car. At Last!

I'll post up some pics over the weekend of the finished suspension arm's etc, etc.

I'm going to keep hold of her for a week so i can mould the rear quaters, then she's going to the next fabricators who hopefully will get the next stage completed fairly quickly, but looking forward to seeing her come together and start looking like a car again.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
bout time mate, look forward to you getting a crack on:cool:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
She's now back in my garage for a week before she goes off again so i've taken some pics of the new T.C.A's and hub set up.

Here you go

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Cheers Lee and GT-R Glenn very please to have her back even if it's only a short time.

I have a list as long as my arm for the next stage of fabrication but they are smaller and more straight forward jobs than what's just been done so hopfully will be have her back in a month or so, i'll keep the pics comming as the jobs get done.

161 - 180 of 911 Posts