1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RK TUNING - RON KIDELL

tel: 01702 557 124
web: http://www.rktuning.com/

i have recently been using ron to look after skyline and he has nothing but the best customer service and customer satisfaction, i had a gearbox, shiftlight, and torque splitter fitted, it was done alot faster than i expected and looking at all the workmanship such as wiring and so fourth its all top quality, and he dosent charge the earth,

one thing i like though is hes always willing to spare a moment even to look at a niggly problem, even when hes working on another car. unlike a few of the tuners out there that just want your money and couldnt careless after unless you spend a fortune, he is always whilling to make the effort.

i have just purchased a set of brakes off him at a reasonable price and i am over the moon, i know for sure whos looking after my skyline from now on!!!

recomend him alot!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
He's a very good bloke.
Don't have a problem taking my car there at all.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ron looks after my R34. Not only is his work excellent, his customer service is great and I simply cannot believe his prices!!! He has clearly and thankfully not heard of Skyline Tax!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Only visited RK Tuning the once but they really did care for my baby. I even had a front pipe fitted while I was there to get my reverse lights done (yes, I backed into a parked car. DOH!).

I get all my second hand stuff from Ron as he knows his stuff and I feel I can trust him, this is so important when it comes to Skylines.

Ron was more than willing to talk to me, answer my brainless questions and listen to my inane chat.

Top garage.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm not trying to bash Ron here. He's a nice guy and saw my car the same day that some wannabe TWOC'ers tried to nick it.

I didn't think for the work done the prices were outstanding but I guess they were fair.

But for weeks after I chased and chased for a time to book the car in for some more remedial work and was constantly put off and not called when said I would be.

Still think he and his son are nice guys but my experience wasn't at all rosy. I'm glad I'm the exception and not the rule.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm not trying to bash Ron here. He's a nice guy and saw my car the same day that some wannabe TWOC'ers tried to nick it.

I didn't think for the work done the prices were outstanding but I guess they were fair.

But for weeks after I chased and chased for a time to book the car in for some more remedial work and was constantly put off and not called when said I would be.

Still think he and his son are nice guys but my experience wasn't at all rosy. I'm glad I'm the exception and not the rule.
You probably caught him at a bad time. Ron has been snowed under with work as of late and seeing as its just him and Mike working there full time he probably got sidetracked and forgot (he's getting old you know:chuckle: )

My car has been in and out of his place more times than i can remember, his prices have always been good, quality of workmanship is excellent and he is generally a top bloke and always has time to answer questions. Can't recommend RK Tuning enough.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
399 Posts
You're almost certainly right, Bandit.

Can't take anything away from the geezer on a personal level and his recommendations speak for themselves.

·
Banned
276 Posts
just spoke to ron for first time and that guy is safe as. felt a bit thick but he just seemed to know wat i was on about. and just from a 5 min conversation he saved me 1000 just wish i spoke to him 12months ago. my first choice for my 32gtr. yes RON U THE MAN

·
Registered
150 Posts
'georgebush' - trust the reccomendations on here. If you weren't happy with rons prices then just do what everyone else has done whop goes to him and shop around a bit. I've just imported an R32 GTR and called all the top companies before taking it anywhere for its MOT and general check-over etc. It didn't take me long as every other company seemed to want a 30 second call and quote me £1000's. I didn't mention to anyone that i used to be a mechanic - and one very famous company tried fobbing me off with loads of stuff that i didn't want or need. Ron was the only person willing to discuss what actually NEEDED doing as opposed to what could be done!

Needless to say my car is at RK Tuning now and it wont be long until i am enjoying my new Skyline ownership. All communications and work so far by Ron has been outstanding and i know no mater what comes up in the future my godzilla wont be going ANYWHERE but RK Tuning!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts