GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well given the frequency with which I do long journeys and the really intolerable road noise (with or without runflats) I needed to do something to make the car more bearable.

just took a couple of hours from start to finish and is phase 1 really, I need to do the doors and possibly add some MLV/CCF but it has already made a big difference.

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is called silent coat, I used it in my R33 - I think it is a great product.

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it is a real easy job, less than five minutes to get the rear seats out, a pull tab for the seat base and 1 14mm nut for the seat back and they are out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
This is a nice upgrade and really makes a difference to how refined the car feels inside. Definitely helps with the road noise and the rattles. Looks like you did a good job.

First changed the exhaust to make it louder
then dyno-lined the rear to make it quieter,
Put in a kicker sub, front end speaker setup with 2 x digital amps to make it louder
dyno lined the front to make it quieter
changed the down pipes to make it louder....

My wife thinks there's something wrong with me!

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is a nice upgrade and really makes a difference to how refined the car feels inside. Definitely helps with the road noise and the rattles. Looks like you did a good job.

Put in a kicker sub, front end speaker setup with 2 x digital amps to make it louder

Lol, you just made my day, funniest statement I've read for a long time.
That's us owners all over. As you, did everything but the stereo.
Wife hates it, thankfully she does'nt drive.:chuckle::chuckle:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yeah on my things to do list. I have a load of silent coat that i bought for the 996 and never fitted.

I also have MLV the 2 together are supposed to be as good as you get.

·
Vendor
1,709 Posts
I'm a stockist of Skinz sound deadening products which include a 3mm thick sheet so you get one and a half times the benefit of silent coat and nearly twice that of dynamat extreme with the same labour time to fit :)

I've got a free delivery offer on here

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah on my things to do list. I have a load of silent coat that i bought for the 996 and never fitted.

I also have MLV the 2 together are supposed to be as good as you get.
The MLV will be great for really killing the road noise, next step for me after dong the doors I think.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i bought the "Dodo Sound Stopper MLV" not cheap but looks and feels good.

R35, I tried everytwhere to get "Skinz sound deadening". never knew you sold it. pity.

·
Registered
924 Posts

All you have to tell her is

I need more of the "Good" noise and less of the "Bad" noise. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

My Mrs understood that :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Satan

·
Registered
924 Posts
It is called silent coat, I used it in my R33 - I think it is a great product.
+1 to that.

I used it and very sticky. Half the price of the branded stuff!!

Can't believe Nissan are so tight they can't be arsed to paint the inside of the car!!!

No wonder they rust.

Satan

·
Registered
341 Posts
All you have to tell her is

I need more of the "Good" noise and less of the "Bad" noise. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

My Mrs understood that :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Satan
Mine has given up trying to understand me. I just have to avoid keywords like "trust me" :chuckle:

·
Registered
392 Posts
To continue the sound deadening experience, I ordered a door sound deadening kit from R35Audio last week which I've fitted this evening.

Went out for a quick spin and the door deadening makes a bigger difference than the rear seat / boot deadening IMO. Really pleased with the results and thanks Andy for the great kit, would definitely recommend it to others :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts