GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a bit dodgy but hey, here goes:

Whats the fastest/most exotic cars you've raced on the road, and have you won?

Mine would have to be a Evo7 which rightfully laughed of my Dads T5 :D Just wait till he gets the Skyline, then I'll have the b**tard! :D

Rob

·
Registered
905 Posts
A VW Corrado VR6, yesterday, with four in my car, he was pretty pis-ed, but that is what you get when you tailgate people, other than that not a lot, as I never usually race people.......;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Maserati 3200 GT on the A40 - and lost. This was in my old ECR33. Don't race people now 'cos I'm a law abiding citizen.

Talat.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I do it all the time... In my Mondeo 1.8TD :eek: ask jimgill he knows... Beat a Peugeot 306 GTI-6 off the mark in my old 1.6HLS Maestro... He Was pissed... hehehe :p I don't race at high speed though... Thats for the muppets racing round town on Saturday night...:rolleyes: Jimgill... Then again if i had a Skyline or Supra... Who knows... Sometimes you just have to shop the little tossers in thier Nova's who's the boss...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know what you mean, unfortunately my recent steed has been a Citroen AX GT whilst I save, so the amount of tossers who sit up your arse in crap cars like Novas is absurd! The annoying thing isnt that they're in a crap car and trying to race it (well it is but hey...) its that they cant drive anyway and they are a complete danger to all other road users! I love ranting on :D

Rob

·
Registered
301 Posts
VR6 & Evo

A33 going out of Reading towards Basingstoke. I had them both behind me when I entered the 3 mile dual carriageway. Anyone who know's Reading will know where I mean.
I opened her up and had the Evo right on my bumper with the VR6 behind him. We were about 2 metres apart till I got to 140mph then all I saw were the Evo's lights dissappearing in my rear view!

Then I turned at the roundabout and went back, the Evo p*ssed off but the VR6 followed me and we went for it again. I don't know how he did it but he came past me as I was doing about 125 and still accellerating hard.... What was I doing wrong???

We both came off and pulled in at the Shell garage by the Little Chef and I asked him about his car. He said it was standard, but the lump was 3. something! I didn't know they carried so many cc's!

As for glamourous cars, only the likes of the new M3's but only short sprints so nothing much to say about them - yet. Porshes, for some reason don't seem interested, neither are FTO's. I pulled up alongside one tonight but he didn't even glance over! Miserable s*d! However, the Blackbird 600 that pulled up between us was up for it and we raced down the A33 back into town past B&Q.

I always reckon the best races are against other Skylines, but I'm getting fed up with being dusted by GT-R's!!!! Come on guys at least let me try!

:smokin:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
M1 Whats the power output of your car? Is the engine modded? Sounds like you have a lot of fun!

Rob

·
Registered
520 Posts
:rolleyes:

Is this really the kind of stuff we want to discuss on this board?

Come on guys, I don't want to sound like the preachers from over on Scoobynet but sometimes they are right.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't know, the garage who sold it to me told me 380 at the flywheel, but apparently that's not possible on a standard GTS?

I want to find out and hopefully I'll be going to Abbey Motors next week for a tune so if they can measure it that'd be cool.

Plenty of fun though, love the car, love the club and I want to make it faster!

Now I've got a Apexi Induction Kit and a well fat Magnex Exhaust (cat-back) on the cheap from Jamie at www.performanceexhausts.net

http://www.magnexexhausts.com/pages/html/exhausts/twin/3twinslashi.htm This is the closest to mine, but it's not slash cut and it's 3 1/2".

Next I want a tune and a de-cat. Then I'm open to suggestions for budget power mods!

Once I get back into work I'll spend more on it!

Andrew

·
Registered
301 Posts
No, I've got to say, I met some real nasty people on the ScoobyNet. When this forum was down at the end of April, I went on there only to get booted off!

Not what I call hospitality....

Andrew

·
Registered
301 Posts
Now I know why FTO owners are so boring! Nothing personal of course but their "official" UK club site doesn't even have a forum!!! They have a "guestbook" with a total of 233 entries!

The GTO club site is much better...

Andrew

·
Registered
549 Posts
bad behaviour

Ferrari 512tr had been following me in my cavalier gsi2000 4x4 for about 1.5 miles along slow congested 30mph road behaving like a boy racer ie. slowing down and opening a gap between us then flying up and braking hard v.close to my car.

Got to small roundabout, I went round but 512 had to give way to 2 or 3 cars. I left roundabout and went onto wider faster road, 2 lanes uphill giving it all it was worth. Made about 300yds on the ferrari, but saw him in my mirror approaching rapidly. He got along side my car, changed gear wheelspun for about a second then went off like a bullet.:smokin:

Not long after I passed him whilst he was waiting in a turn lane and beebed him, he responded by waving out the window and flashing his lights.
top bloke!!

Top speed no more than 85mph, not much point really love to try though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Forgot about the Supra!!!

Wait up guys!

I can't believe I forgot about this one! I was out the week before last and I saw a rather nice Supra and another Evo heading into Reading from Newbury way.

I turned on the roundabout and flashed the Supra. We were in procession for about 3 minutes, when finally a small gap appeared in the oncoming traffic and that was it! The Supra was gone and I was in chase, the Evo didn't want none but it was his loss because we were battling it out for about 10 minutes.

The bonus is, I'd mounted my trusty camcorder on the headrest and got it all on camera too! I haven't figured out where to publish it yet but be warned - it's viewing is not for the faint hearted!!!

Snapshot enclosed!

Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Women!!!!

That would be the fault of my mrs. She's trying to muscle in on my sacred terroritry and has registered on the site! No doubt whenever I log in now I'll appear as Princess!!!

Sorry for the mix up guys!

Andrew

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts