GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at the attached link:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy.

The governments proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about GBP200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was GBP28 for a rural florist and GBP194 for a delivery driver. On top of this massve increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. THey will also know how fast you have been going, or if you have illegally parked.

Only about 500k people have signed up to the petition and there needs to be 900k plus, the closing date is 20 Feb 07.

Please complete the petition

Simon

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
:bawling: :eek: With the mileage I'm doing at the minute that would destroy me. Surely something as obscene as this wouldn't be able to stand?...So many companies would go bankrupt.
I've found the perfect smilie for what I'd like to do to members of our government..... :chairshot

·
Registered
193 Posts
What?!
God damn government b*ll*cks:chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot
Think this should be sent round all car forums, that should increase the number slightly.
Grrrrrr.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I've submitted my details but it tells me that it won't accept my signature until I respond to an e-mail they send me. Few hours later and still no e-mail.... so no voice :(

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Makes me laugh. We already shell out for road tax, and I can only speak for the roads up here, but they're in absoloutely disgraceful condition. The thought of paying by the mile is hilarious. Maybe they can add little bonus points. +£10 for every pothole we have to dodge, or 25p per lumpy section that NTL have filled in badly after installing new lines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts