GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. new to the forum.. had my GTR for about 10 months now.. MY18 (stage 1 by litchfield) in classic 50 yer old mid life crisis orange 馃ぃ. Having retired at 50 I鈥檓 slowly working through my bucket list. One item is my road trip from one exotic place 馃 to another.. the costa del sol.. something I鈥檝e wanted to do for many years and now I have the car to do it in.. this trip is planned in the spring summer and any advice would be welcome.. I鈥檓 not new to driving in Europe but if anyone has any great tips then I鈥檇 appreciate it.. route will be.. Birmingham to Kent for the first overnight stop.. Then to Calais via the tunnel then onto Le Mans for the next.. Stopping 70 miles short of Madrid for the 3rd night and then high tail it down to Benalmadena where we鈥檒l spend the week..

Daz

Premium Member
Muchos kilimetros there. Any reason for Benalmadena? I am thinking of doing the Pyrenees again this year Lots of great roads there and relatively speaking not many miles. Also, I think you'll find the ferry cheaper than driving and it will save possibly 1600 miles on your odometer.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah just somewhere we love.. plus a good position for exploring.. I get what you鈥檙e saying about the ferry etc but cost isn鈥檛 really a concern at this moment.. the whole point is the road trip as opposed to sitting 24 hours on a ferry.. kind of once in a lifetime thing..

Registered
We are all driving to Turin in July then doing a whole lap of Italy down to Pompei and back up through the Alps, 20 GTR's , we did Norway 2 years ago and that was epic.
I might even leave my parachutes on for s**ts and giggles

Registered
Hi all.. new to the forum.. had my GTR for about 10 months now.. MY18 (stage 1 by litchfield) in classic 50 yer old mid life crisis orange 馃ぃ. Having retired at 50 I鈥檓 slowly working through my bucket list. One item is my road trip from one exotic place 馃 to another.. the costa del sol.. something I鈥檝e wanted to do for many years and now I have the car to do it in.. this trip is planned in the spring summer and any advice would be welcome.. I鈥檓 not new to driving in Europe but if anyone has any great tips then I鈥檇 appreciate it.. route will be.. Birmingham to Kent for the first overnight stop.. Then to Calais via the tunnel then onto Le Mans for the next.. Stopping 70 miles short of Madrid for the 3rd night and then high tail it down to Benalmadena where we鈥檒l spend the week..

Daz
Used to do that trip very regularly delivering boats, if you go via burgos in the mountains on the Careterra to Madrid is a truck stop at Vitoria Gastez, they do or did amazing steaks, not been that way in a while as Im Persona non grata in Espania !!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
That鈥檚 a nice trip for sure.. quite fancied Italy.. alps route obviously.. supposed to be fabulous

Registered
That鈥檚 a nice trip for sure.. quite fancied Italy.. alps route obviously.. supposed to be fabulous
With 20 GTRs and planned stops inc Ferrari factory and Pompeii in minimum 4 star hotels it will be epic inc one day in fancy dress all day from breakfast to dinner in fancy dress !!!!

Registered
Muchos kilimetros there. Any reason for Benalmadena? I am thinking of doing the Pyrenees again this year Lots of great roads there and relatively speaking not many miles. Also, I think you'll find the ferry cheaper than driving and it will save possibly 1600 miles on your odometer.
Benelmedena is nice until it gets mobbed by tourists then certain places are proper rowdy, managed to get stabbed in 24 hour plaza known as banana plaza, opposite that on road to Marina was a nice little kebab shop

Vendor
Sounds amazing... And nothing wrong with Orange... Lol it'll look awesome with some sunshine on it.. Enjoy your trip and stay safe my friend

Registered
Personally i would steer clear of the touristy ares like Benal if you do g park car somewhere safe, head out to less spots invaded by brits Velaz Malaga, Aguadulce, Almeria, Capo de Gata, San Jose, Mojaca etc see real spain and dont get your car fucked but do an evening at Port Banus to see the party life

1 - 12 of 12 Posts