GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, i'm taking off my rocker covers tomorrow, to get the whole lot resprayed, as it seems luck is not on my side to find a centre cover on its own.

Now my next question, its pointless for me to just respray them in the Cherry Red sort of effect.

So give me some ideas guys as to what I could do??....

Was thinking polished, but that just too much maintenance!!! Plus a bit too bling for my liking.

Any interesting colours out there, that will suit the RB engine top!!!

Forgot to say, any pics of what you guys have done would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
366 Posts
Paint it the same color as the car. I would think more people would do this. Looks trick.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
birght red, or body coloured always works for me :nod:

in your case body coloured would look a bit bland with the car and the engine bay being black, so i'd stick either silver or a really nice gloss red one in there. Gloss red with the centre cover done black should look the dogs :cool:

·
Registered
303 Posts
pearls look good

heres a pic of my engine bay that ive just finished. the colour started out as jet black, but mixed it half and half with lilac pearl. also currently doing the rocker covers, plenum, cam cover in a light blue pearl, ill update this when they are done.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good, and thanks for all the pics/ideas

I think i'm going to remain with the "red" theme, but expand a little and go for a flip/pearl colour.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeh i myself don't like the all chromed route, plus too hard to retain the new polished look.

My local bodyshop is doing this. Using normal lacquer AFAIK. Got my centre cover done by them over a year ago, and has had no problems, so don't think its going to be an issue

A couple of others on here have used normal paint.

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
I'm using Metro (yes, Rover metro) Equinox paint and had no major problems. Got a bit of a bubble on the centre plate, but reckon thats bad prep, as its in a fairly cool spot.

Mook

1 - 11 of 11 Posts