GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

We'll be downloading Thursday's vids on Monday.

Will get a load posted up as soon as. They're 'spose to be a bit mental!!!

Well done all involved Especially the legend himself, Rocket Ronnie!

We're ready to hire Elvington again for you guys when you're ready to go for 215+mph ;-)

Cheers,

Scary Steve

Editor
Fastcar

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tricky's just phoned.

He reckons we've got video of Ronnie going past at 209mph, on the rev limiter!!!

I can't wait myself LOL!

Scary

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Nice one Steve mate - look forward to seeing those.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
994 Posts
Happy!............You Bet.

I went to have a go at the 1/4mile as I still run the standard gearbox but with a huge 4th gear crunch and a 5th gear that sometimes is there but sometimes is not.

I still run standard AFM`s as the all new Nismo items wait to be fitted,mapped and dynoed.

With a minor tweek to the fuel map I was able to run an 11.30sec quarter at 1.1bar.

1.8bar on my T517Z`s is around 680PS on a 2.6litre engine,(GReddy Dyno Figures not mine)they are an equal to the T78 single.I have the full HKS 2.8 plus massive head work and almost everything else available, that has never been a secret.

As soon as I am ready,I will go again with Guy and a couple of friends and do much better.(TOTB was a very bad day for me,)Guys R34 will be ready very soon with a lot more BHP than Gary or anyone,work it out for yourselves on the results to that one.

Last but not least I have to say that both Glen and Ronnie are mad and also two of the nicest blokes that I have had the pleasure of meeting and getting pissed with:) Mark & Warren and the lads all helped make a brilliant day even better.

Henry.

Andy(Dirk)
Don`t throw all your toys out of pram and get your knickers in a twist ,just chill-out mate and be friendly and sincere with everyone,I have.You are not my punch-bag,I don`t need one or even want one.I respect you and anyone that dumps the clutch at 8,000RPM and puts his cars health on the line time & time again.Relax.

See you see soon mate,
`H'

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Re: Happy!............You Bet.

Henry said:
Guys R34 will be ready very soon with a lot more BHP than Gary or anyone,work it out for yourselves on the results to that one.

Guys car is gonna be awesome ! Can't wait to see it when it's finished !!! :D

Henry mate - your 1/4 time was well impressive...no wonder you're so pleased ! Didn't realise you didn't have the new AFM's on either - as i remember you saying at Trax that it wasn't running quite right - so that makes the time even more impressive. You'll get the chance to prove what your car is capable of - i just hope i'm there to see it happen !! :D

Daz

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Awesome

Just had a look at the vids: very good !:smokin: Amazing speed that is. Must be quite impressive to see that live !

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Just downloading the rest of the clips...excellent stuff.

Ronnies car sounds simply amazing !! And that bike....stunning !

Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Yeah it is - one of Glens mates.

I was chatting to Glen and Henry this morning at Abbey - and Glen told me a bit about that bike. It must take some serious bottle to go nearly 200mph on 2 wheels ! And Ronnie must have balls the size of water melons to be able to drive his motor like that - there's no way i'd have the bottle to try and do 200mph !

'Nuff respect to both of them in my opinion !

Daz

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
noted

Originally posted by Henry
Guys R34 will be ready very soon with a lot more BHP than Gary or anyone,work it out for yourselves on the results to that one.

I have duly noted that comment as its been put up twice now and i should jolly well hope it does have more power than mine considering the cost,It was the aim last time and it dident succeed
so I will just wait and see :)

Well done ronnie top result

Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Hi Gary,

Just to clarify..I only included it in my post as i was using it to refer to what Guy is having built...not as a way of comparison.

Thought I'd best clear that up.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
My R34

Gary,

It was not the aim to beat your power figure with my last engine, or I wouldn't have fitted the medium-size turbos (T618Z) I did, that are only rated at a maximum of just under 700bhp.

Whatever bhp I get with my new engine is whatever I get, as long as it's very quick, I'm very happy. If I wanted a 1000bhp engine (or two) I could have one any time I wanted, I just don't need one in my R34.

Just as long as there are a lot of quick GTRs to beat the other challengers next year thats all I want.

Guy

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
BHP

come on Guy keep up, it's all about 'tractor straining' now :D .

Well for this month anyway :rolleyes: ;) :D .

glen

ps. thought I'd start the week off as I mean to go on :smokin:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
shitcakes!!

been off line for a bit and just seen this. sounds like a tornado coming down the runway!!

saw a few familiar smilin faces in there as well mr H...good to see you all had safety in mind being like 20ft away from a 210 mph missle!! so what if he had a blow out!! :smokin: :p
you legends

Also good to hear some good old geordie warren verbiage....come on ronnie lad...hadaway!!

I must say this sets a record surely for all to chase....can they all do it next year?? Even the cossie and supra boys have no answer.
repsect to the ronster, abbey and the tyre makers.
So the gauntlet is out to mr ratcliffe then? Come on guy I know you are desperate to surpass this....

NLW

1 - 20 of 27 Posts