GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I don't know, for the performance and considering it says engine refreshed, it's not too expensive.

To build one from scratch to that performance level would cost significantly more I suspect.

Cheers,

·
Registered
798 Posts
the hollinger box,stoptech brake kit and volk wheels are prob worth around 15k alone.if you were to buy everybit of that car separate and pay the labour for building,prepping and mapping it.. 100k wouldnt take long to get through if not more..

If my opinion one of if not the best r33 gtrs on the planet

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Yea you would pay more just for the gearbox and a few parts :chuckle:

Would love this car but only if it was in an r32 shell :)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
36K For that car is great value to people who know about these cars,to everyone else it seems expensenive.HKS step 3 kit 7k gearbox 12k the list goes on.
Try and build a proven 1000bhp, 9 second full weight car with this history.
Its just a shame that the pool of people interested in cars like this is so small that prices get driven down.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
NISSAN SKYLINE GTR R33 Rocket Ronnies Monster on eBay (end time 08-Mar-10 13:50:15 GMT)

£36,000? is it just me or is that bit much? but cracking car:thumbsup:
Maybe with 10 posts you dont know the history of the car or the cost of the parts on it ...............

This is one of the best known skylines ever with some serious "racing history" and I cannott begin to guess how much has actually been spent on the car

So I would not have expected it to be up for sale for much less especially with a refresh.
IMHO it is not priced OTT but it may well struggle to sell in this climate.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Too much???

You try and build a car too that spec and see how much it would cost. If you want to do things right and use top spec parts then it costs lots of money, end of.

...and even then it wouldn't have this cars history.

The gearbox alone, if you can get one, is what 12-15k?

I've had a few people make me silly offers on the TS Drag R...not gonna happen.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thats a bargain considering theres been lesser spec'd "1000bhp" 33s bought and sold on here for that money! :smokin:

Probably one of the only R33s id own.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If I had not just bought a new car and had a spare £36K, I would not think twice about buying this car. Whoever gets this is going to be a lucky bugger.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
ive just built a 33 with a gt4094r single turbo, forged internals (not crank) and supporting mods, head, cams, fuel sys etc and inc buying the car im now nudging the 30k mark, so i recon ronnies car at 36k is extremely good value for money, plus it's a newer 33 than mine with less miles
if i had kept my cash and seen this there would have been a sold sticker on it by now

i sure do hope it goes to someone who will appreciate what they have, that car is a icon in the skyline world imo

·
Registered
885 Posts
Bargin for an iconic,full weight 9.7 second and 209mph car that won TOTB twice.

If I wasnt building my 147-GTR race car and a house at present,then Id snap up Ronnies car like that.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice car......"what it costs to build" and "what it its worth in a sale".....like comparing apples with pears. In this day and age....36 big ones will get you.....many things.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
a veyron chaser for 36k seems cheap to me. 1000 bhp is something i will own in my lifetime at some point in a skyline or a supra. awesome car

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts