GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
after seeing the ten of the best video i would have to say rocket ronnie was faster no doubt about it that car is :smokin: :D
cheers
duncan

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
the rocket's car

was some 10 mph faster at the top end and still pulling and over a second quicker over the 500m. That says it all I think.
Spoke to Simon recently and he is getting a new tubby as well as a decent diff..should be int for next year and you have to hand it to him that is one quick 4 pot!!

But the Rocket now has his hollinger, so expect 200 mph on the 27th and I hear he may even go t88...800 bhp here we come.

The man is a legend! Drives like one as well.

NLW

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
And Ronnies car arrived under its own steam.

Won ALL but one event, (but came 2nd) then drove home!:eek:

All on a stock tranny.:eek: :eek:

'Morris' design kept blowing uprated parts.:p

Walk in the part for a GT-R. :cool: :smokin:

·
Registered
238 Posts
has anyone got a confirmed skyline entry list for the 27th?

we will run even if its wet, but if its torrential rain it may have to curtail the 200mph potential cars top speed runs, in consideration of safety aspects.

hopefully if its reasonable it wont be a problem as elvington does provide good grip and displaces water quite well.

just may be the odd car or two that is a concern , not many will be a 200mph worry! lol
rgds
chris

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Watcha Chris

Ronnie and meself won't be their. I believe some of the others are gearing up for it though ;) .

glen

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think the serious 200mph contenders would not bother going since the event has changed from the initial 200+ event once more in to the same format as TOTB.

Chris ...when you propose an event withj a given format and query peoples interest do not be surprised if the interest evaporates when you completely change the format.

I am sure the format you initially proposed would have interested Glen, Ronnie, Henry, Guy, Myself and others.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Looking through some mags at work yesterday and see Fast Car has a short piece on the The ten of the best day, shame really that the star of the day Ronnie + Car never really got any got pictures seeing as he outpreformed the field!

Then again from a mag like that i wouldn't expect anything else, but his name was clear on the charts of who did what so guess not all that bad.:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
pegleg
i advertised it originally and was looking/needing around 60 cars to make it work, as the event and timing gear costs the same if one or 100 turn up. i had less than 30 definates, and could therefore not afford to run it as top speed only for a select few.
running an event at the end of the year is a risk with weather, and as mentioned if its torrential rain then full length runway top speed runs wont happen anyway on safety grounds.

having seen the way it was looking we had no choice but to run it as a more open event, at just £30 per car, and use just one runway for 1/4s and top speed at 1.25 miles. no handling course anyway.
this looks to have been more acceptable given the time of year etc, and we can still run if it rains.

i have 3 dates booked for next year in the summer, one of which is TOTB 2003 again in august.

we also have at least one day i intend running as top speed only, using the flying starts and the full runways.
this one will be advertised in the new year and will happen in summer, and be pay in advance only.

hope this explains
rgds
chris

·
Registered
666 Posts
Chris,
Hope it happens.
All being well it will have more support than we gave it this year.
Regards
Ged

1 - 14 of 14 Posts