GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
.... No places left now:)
Since I have to meet Ron on the Sunday Peter, can I meet you there to spectate and maybe do some passenger rides?
Dave

·
Registered
805 Posts
Turning into a mini meet... cool :D, see you there Dave, Glen

Peter you may need to go 4 up on track at this rate, should keep the car 'planted' on the banking though :D

RonS

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glen,

It'd be a pleasure! Is it OK if I start selling passenger ride tickets or would it be against the policy on advertising? ;)

Ron,

Banking, what banking, nobody told me about banking....!

I'm sure I could wangle a place for anybody who fancies a session or two, on track, probably in the pm?

Peter.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Sell 'em mate

I'd be only to pleased to pay to go out with ya :) . Your fast and safe and thats what counts.

glen

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fast 'n safe...

I hope that's not a kiss of death Glen! :eek: See you there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You Are Not Alone

Peter

Just to keep you company, I got a place. Glad to see your brining your own crowd.

Well I'm totally new to this game, and have never been on a track before. Was it sensible to choose a venue with concrete walls for my first outing??!!

Looking forward to running as the car is just starting to come together nicely, since mark got his hands on it.

I was encouraged to go by a guy who is running his Elise. So what are the easytrack guys like? I've put in for some tuition just to get the hang of the whole track day etiquette thing, but it looks like there will be plenty GTR masters about.

Much of the field seems to be Caterhams/Elises, what’s it like running with these cars as they must get round the track a whole different way?

Anyway looking forward to meeting you and having a great day.

Guy

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hi Guy,

Great, pleased I'm not the only Skyline going. I see you're last on the list, did you get a cancellation?

I've not done Rockingham before so I'm not sure how daunting turn 4 is although JamieM reckons it's best to leave a little in reserve when you're hitting +140mph 3 foot away from the concrete! I'm sure it'll be fine, just take it easy, don't feel pressured into trying to prove anything to anybody. I'm sure you'll love it. :)

I've done quite a few track days with EasyTrack and have always found them to be excellent. There have been a few issues along the way but in almost every case, it's been a problem with the circuit rather than with ET. They are also one of the, if not the most reasonable companies out there. They seem to have a large loyal following now which only goes to prove that they must be doing something right.

I understand that the infield at Rockingham is fairly tight so assuming it's a dry day, depending upon the model and driver, you may find it difficult to keep pace with some of the Caterham/Westfield brigade. Elises don't tend to be as quick so they shouldn't be a problem. As the Skyline is so much bigger than a lot of these type of cars, you just need to be aware and let them by if they're up your arse, so to speak. Grunt should mean that you'll overhaul a lot of cars on the longer sections. What sort of power are you running?

See you Sunday week. :)

Peter.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Ian, sorry Guy! Shows you how clear I'm thinking at that time in the morning... :eek:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Rules

Guy,

Welcome, you'll find we are informal, easy going and friendly club here, however as I'm in the process of drafting some club membership rules, for submission to the membership committee, which maybe in force in time for Rockingham, I would draw you attention to the following:-

page 425, Para 26 - 'Meetings, Events, Dyno Days and Trackdays'

page 437, sub Para 72 - 'Comestibles'

page 481, sub Para 112a - 'Newbies'

"It will be incumbent on all 'Newbies' to fund comestibles, at a convenient emporium en-route or on site if preferred, for those other members in attendance at the meeting, event etc."

So I look forward to seeing there :D

RonS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ron

Looking forward to meeting you to. As you seem well versed on the subject of food, what happens at lunch? Is there food onsite of do we have to come well stocked?

So are you involved with the running of easyTrack? If so I had better have site of the rest of your Newbie rules!

Peter

Thanks for the advice. I guess we've all got to start somewhere! I'm currently running a little over 425 bhp, but have had little time to use the car in its most recent spec. Sunday should set that straight though.

My place was not a cancellation, I just got the last one. I was sitting there watching the numbers fall, and could not resist.

See you all Sunday.

G

·
Registered
805 Posts
Guy,

No nowt to do with easytrack, just my weird humour indicating that you get to buy the teas :)

As to food on-site, this can be of variable quality or maybe none, so it may be best to pack the hamper :D

Harry/Guy

I'm hooking up with Peter at 06.00, down in Brighton, so probably be on the M25 at or around Heathrow by 07.00 ish, so maybe we could all meet up around there, Peter ideas ???

RonS

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guy & Harry,

There will be food available on site and I guess that it'll be reasonable as it's a new facility. If you fancy making up a little convoy with Ron, myself and possibly one other, are you starting at J1 of the M1? If so, we could meet up at the Toddington services at around 7.30am....?

Ron,

Perhaps we should set off at 5.30am...? :eek:

Peter.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts