Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting my std roll bars changed, the options are:

Nismo Front: 22.2mm

Nismo Rear: 27.2mm

Cusco Front: 24.0mm

Cusco Rear: 30.0mm

feedback would be good if you have used any of these roll bars.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct but there are other ways to balance that out profound understeer and oversteer. It is always tough for a car like mine as I want it to be in between not fully road based and not fully track based but a compromise. I am leaning towards Nismo as they are somewhat in the middle of stiffness.

I may have to measure my std bars unless someone knows the thickness.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My road suspension are 7kg front and 6kg rear but my Apexi N1's for track are 10kg front and 9kg rear.

BTW I have seen your advert Matty for the Nismo ones :)

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
From what I've read, the 10/9kgs are stiff enough that you don't want more than stock thickness ARBs, 7/6kg can go well with uprated ARBs, say 24mm front.

I have 8/6kg on my car, basically dedicated track car, and stock ARBs, with not that aggressive geo. This was pretty good on slower tighter circuits but not quite up to Silverstone - too much roll and camber loss.

This season I'm trying the whiteline ARB kit and a more aggressive geo. If I don't like it I'll try 10/8kg amd stock bars, maybe even without the front bar.

Power levels, driving style, lsd etc all come into it so there's always trial and error i think.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LSD is something else I will need to look into. I am thinking Nismo 1.5 way rear with 1 way front so still drivable on street.

I did experience a lot of roll around Silverstone on my N1's but I am going to be replacing them with some Nitron 3 ways, so I guess its good to have a set of bars that I can play with. Whiteline are adjustable right where as the others are not?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Yeah the whiteline's are adjustable. Three steps on the front and two on the rear from memory. Ideally you want blade adjustable but that's another level of modification. If you are really serious you would want to change the ARB rate depending on the track and conditions. So adjustable is nice, but its a bit of a faff to change on a trackday without a crew to help so i guess i'll find a setting i like and drive around it if it doesnt suit a particular track or rainy day.

I've had whiteline ARBs on my r32 gtst for ten years and they are great, really transformed that car - again its not that stiffly sprung though.

Too many variables to predict with certainty what will work best for a given car and driver I think. But there are some people out there with real track knowledge i.e run lots of cars in lots of competition Bnr32 Gtr Alignment Discussion - Street Track Whatever - Suspension, braking and tyres - Skylines Australia scroll down to Sydneykid's post he knows his stuff - real world, stop watch proven. And he's not dealing with sky's the limit time attack cars, he's talking almost stock group n style track cars so properly applicable for most of us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts