GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of having a Roll Cage fitted in My R32 GTR, Any ideas as to how much one would cost & to be fitted ?

Cheers

Baz :confused:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
what are you planning on doing with the car? If it's for competition it will need to comply with whatever spec. is needed for the type of activity you have planned.

eg Time-Attack full bespoke cage by say Andy Robinson around 3k GBP
Half cage 1 to 1.5K GBP

Geoff Hauser is cheaper but from what I've seen not up to the same standard as Robinson

or E-Bay just for show from probably 400.00

·
Registered
679 Posts
try custom cages for a fia aproved etc

or you can get cusco or hks kansai ones if its just for the odd trackday and not compitition

or try saftey devices

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Another vote for Andy Robinson Race Cars Andy Robinson Race Cars - roll cages, complete chassis, fabrication, setup, race car engineering
Hausers quote may be cheaper but ive yet to find anyone who has ended up close to the quote.
Ive seen a few threads recently about roll cages and IMO you wont get much better than robinsons for quality and customer service.
On my car and a car i am building at the moment he stuck to the quote ammount, the finish was perfect and the customer service was what i would expect from a decent establishment.

Rob

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Baz- been looking at cages for my R32 also. Found Andy Robinson on the net and after phoning him was quoted about £1200 for what I wanted (which wasnt that much really!!). More searching found a place called Xsport.
Living just up the road from you in Whiteley, Basingstoke isnt exactly an expedition to get to either. Called Xsport a couple of months ago for a quote and the chap reckoned about £900-950 all in for what I was after. They had done an R32 before so I was happy about giving it to them to do and they seemed to have a decent pedigree too. Not been there yet but thats where I'll be going.

TT

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Make sure you view some examples back to back in order to compare price. Andy Robinson is on the Basingtoke Road and doesn't seem to mind enquirers dropping in. Let me give you an example, Robinson build a box section contoured to the floor to which the tubes are then welded others weld a flat plate to the tubes then bash them to shape and weld to the floor. It's chalk and cheese in comparison workmanship wise and well worth the difference your talking.

·
Registered
531 Posts
try this guy woodsy 07986491671 suffolk .leave a message an he will get back to ya ,hes done a lot of gtr,s good spec andneat job .did mine for a bit over a grand couple of years ago.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Another vote for Andy Robinson, not the cheapest but a really nice bunch of people. Interested in doing the right rollcage for the job right, not extracting the maximum amount of money.

Pics of mine!

Full multipoint, in Chromoly/T45. About £4000 worth. But A basic 6 point in CDS is far far cheaper. Around £1300 depending on exact requirements IIRC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts