GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a few mods done to my GTS25t including sneaking a large roller bearing turbo under the bonnet I was wondering if anyone else has any experience of these and what there thoughts are as to wether its worth the additional cost

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice... im not in to exhausts as i drive long distances in mine and prefer to still be able to hear when i get there. im going to have a custom system made when I've paid my outstanding tax bill.

I've just got used to it and although it is still quite nippy it doesnt make me smile like it used to :)

Did you get dyno figures for it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Roller bearing turbo

Robopope,

As Ian indicated I've just had a few bits n bobs added to the car. One of which was a 25/35 spec full roller bearing turbo. Very good turbo, produces a lot more wumph that the standard turbo and definately worth going down that route. I'm dropping the car back to GT-aRT this saturday to get a HKS twin plate and lightened flywheel fitted. Once thats in I'll get the car dyno'ed so should have results in a week or so. I'll be on me hols so i expect Gary and Henry or someone will post the results if they go to TJ before I get back.

I'm only using standard cams, injectors and fuel pump at the minute (I think) so my power output will be limited accordingly. Still more than enough for me at the minute though:D

What mods are you having done?

Cheers,

Stu

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just more more thing...

Do you still have a standard exhaust with cat?

I'm no expert but I think you may be limiting your power output to restrictions imposed by the pipework. As I say I'm no expert so I'll let those who know pass on their wisdom/comments.

If you want to know what a GTS-t is like with a full roller bearing turbo in, give me a shout and you can take her out for a spin;)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nothing so extravagent as yours Stu, well not yet due to constraints of cash (thank you HM Treasury for your persistence... )

Im going for a Roller Bearing turbo with high flow 48.29mm inducer compressor wheel, re-profiled compressor housing, Low inertia GT28 series turbine wheel and shaft, 0.64 A/R turbine housing. Staggered gap/ total seal turbine end piston ring fitted This will give better throttle response and the turbo will spin up about 1000 rpm lower. It handle more boost, up to 35 PSI apparently ( future proofing) although initially im going to run way less than 1 bar to start

This with modified management and some engine end exhaust mods and and a serious look at the brakes at effective as they are ive boiled the old dot 4 and so its time for some 5.1 or silicone and EBC Greenstuff pads

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stu,
Thanks for the offer, im sure we will bump in to each other at some point, where are you based?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually now i look at my paperwork i dont think that is the spec of the turbo but it was something like that. I get the full quote through email this week and so i will cut and paste the spec then

the technical stuff is not my speciality it took me long enough to find out why i couldnt find the plug leads... it had no plug leads but at least i understand why now... well i think :(

so long as its a sneakette quicker and doesnt lose the ability for my mum to potter round town it it when shes up then im not looking to win any awards

·
Registered
506 Posts
No worries..

As long as it's setup correctly you should no worries with your mum pottering around town. I can still take mine out in icy conditions and not need to worry too much about.

FYI - I'm based around Milton Keynes area

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have stupidly locked myseff out of my renault over christmas so i am still running around in the skyline as i dont have the heart to break the window yet. I keep thinking i will come up with a miracle solution

makes the journey to work more fun anyway :D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
breaking in...

Option 1,
Get yourself a braizing rod or a wire coat hanger (straigtened) and sharpen one of the ends to a 45 degree point.

then simply push in between the door and the B post guage where the appropriate bends need to be and bed the rod with a pair of pliars (minimum amount is best) you will probably need a U shape on the end so that you can get to the front of the catch then simply snag it with the sharp point and Robert is your fathers brother... hehehe

I called the AA out once as I locked myself out of my works car and in the end I got into it quicker than he did he had all of the jimmy bars but the old braizing rod won the day:smokin:

option 2,

disown the renault and just use the skyline :D
good luck.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Err Steve...

....you seem to be an expert on this:eek: ;)

....;)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahhh the joys of deadlocks... tried and failed as they are locked down...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
unfortunately I never found out how to do the"hotwire bit"

:D

I was just very good at locking myself out of my car :rolleyes:

/Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts