GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Have been watching the vote on the dates for this and the 10th and 24th are most popular. I am in Scotland for the 10th so have closen the 24th as the date ( sorry Ian, really hope you can change your plans:) )

I have replies from the other thread for :-

Gary
Me
The Midget
Henry
John Eyeball
Guy
Luke Emmott
Ged
M19 GTR ( sorry, cant remember your name, sincere apologies )
Gren San - 2 Places ( please advise whom )

Anyone who will attend this event to actually run please let me know so I can get the definates listed.

The last day me and gary went to was 35 quid plus vat per car and I will speak to GF regarding this on Monday to ensure this remains the same just in case.

There is a lovely cafe across the road from GF for breakfast, start time will be 0900hrs as usual.

Limit on cars to run is around 20-25 so if you want to run, please let me know soonest, first to confirm will have guaranteed run space ( 2 runs ).

For everyones info, this dyno only calculates BHP at the wheels and they use flywheel figures in good estimation only.

Its a few weeks away yet, but the quicker everyone confirms the easier it is for me to organise.

DYNO DAY TROPHY - The car/person which has the most horsepower on the day will be presented with a trophy which will be engraved showing the details and date. The owner/ ' winner' of the day will retain the trophy until such time as they are beaten by other car at the following 'group' day. We all know that the dyno is just a good day to see what we've all got but it is competitive so I thought a nice trophy would be good - I will sort this out and maybe add a fiver to each dyno fee to cover the cost of the Trophy so its bought by us all.
More details nearer the time...

Have fun, keep the faith:) :smokin:

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Dyno Day & Trophy

Looking forward to it. A change is as good as a rest as they say.

Is this for customers cars or tuners car :) .

What about the owners who can't afford the big bhp tune ups and therefore have not a chance in hell of winning it :) .

glen

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
I would love to come too. Aylesbury is a nice drive from me. Sorry I haven't replied earlier. I hope this is OK.

I also agree with Glen, I think whoever wants to enter the competition should front the cash from it. No point people like Glen and I with circa 400bhp figures entering a compo with 700bhp monsters :)

Cem

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Better make myself clear

Dirk.

Not saying its a bad idea to have a trophy thing going but how about if we done it for say the biggest bhp GTR and the biggest bhp GTS in their specific guises. We are all SKYLINE owners after all.These guys also pour all their hard earned cash into their pride and joy and I wouldn't like them to be overlooked or alternatively to feel overshadowed.

I know you aren't saying this but just thought it might happen unwittingly if we don't address it.

Also another nice one might be for the 'Best Improvement Since Last Dyno Day'.

Bloody hell we'll have to have a van just for the trophies :D .

glen

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okey Dokey

Right Then - Throphies :-

Regardless of hp/car entered, the main trophy is for the most powerful GTR proven on the day. Obviously Gren San ( for example;) ) knows he wont win but this shouldnt stop those who know they wont win putting in a fiver for the dyno test as a ' well done ' to whom ever has the best effort in bhp.

I hope that everyone agrees with the above method, I for one know that I wont win but would pay towards a good trophy for the chap who does and who is reigned as king of all our clan cos he derserves it etc.

Also, we can make a separate trophy for the GTS boys ( especially now that I have a standard one) so if any of the GTS boys will attend for a showdown, please make your thoughts know here as only 1 or 2 normally turn up I think so a bit extreme having a trophy made if no GTS's actually run - but I hope they do, I will bring both GTR and GTS then.

Also, as you say, a trophy for 'Best achievement since last dyno day' would be a good idea, the options are endless really and will ultimately put up the cost of eveyones financial input into the trophys. Will check out prices next weeks so I can get an idea of how much a quality piece would be. If any tuners are interested, maybe they could sponsor the cost of a trophy and have thier name engraved on it somewhere permantent as a way of putting something little back into thier customers.

Anyway. Talat and Cem, your both in, the only other confirmed are above and you guys so no problem with space right now.

If anyone has an interest from a tuner regarding sponsorship of some trophies, give me a shout or PM.

As everyone knows from my posts, I am very competitive and think the trophy idea will be good, it keeps things moving and something for those whom do want the best to aim for - Official recongnition. REGARDLESS OF RR VENUE, THESE TROPHIES WILL ONLY APPLY ON OFFICIAL RR DAYS WHEN ALL ARE PRESENT TO WITNESS AND ENJOY, ANY UNOFFICIAL FIGURES OR HEARSAY CANNOT OBVIOUSLY BE COUNTED.

Lets have some fun... Keep the Faith.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
DD

You got a way with words .

How about a separate trophy for best looking/cleanest car on the day ? We know who would win that one guys .........;)

Here's a clue . It's Blue...............:D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paul

Let me guess?, its tricky, its a blue car, hmmm - ah ha - the ornament!

Way with words?, thats a compliment - isnt it?

GTR32, its in Aylesbury - Bucks, 30 mins off the M25.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
YOUR FORGIVEN

HEY DD

MY NAME IS TONY
DONT LET ME HAVE TO REMIND YOU AGAIN OTHERWISE I MIGHT HAVE TO START THE MODS EARLY ON THE R33. :D

SEE YOU AT NORTH WEALD.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Further details for the day :-

Hello everyone.

Just put the phone down to Chris @ GF.

Date 24th August is defo on.
Start time 0900hrs first run, be there for 8.30ish to sign in.
First come first run.
£ 42 which includes the VAT
Free Bacon Sandwich and Free coffee from the Cafe over the road.
Cars will be measured for wheel BHP and a good estimation of Fly can be advised if you ask.

Little thought I had, maybe worth taking along your last dyno sheets for the day to compare with what you get and how the graph looks drag etc as we are all used to fly figures at the moment.

Confirmed entries are :-

Me
Gary
The Midget
Eyeball John
Henry BHP
Guy
Luke
Ged
Tony
Gren San X 2
Talat
Suck Dog

Peter E ?
Alan?
Rupert?
anyone else?

There is no minimum amount of cars but if we are looking thin on the ground I will invite any other cars to join the day to make up numbers for GF so if anyone wants to come tell me soonest or I could give your place away to a non skyline so dont come back bitchin at me if you are too late!:)

I havent made any progress with regards to the trophies but will do hopefully next week and advise. If anyone has made progress with mentioning this to a tuner to sponsor please let me know before I have a ring around on the ponce from them. Cheers.

See you's at Bedford tommorow...

Keep the faith..:smokin:

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Me me me

Dirk,

Can you chalk me down please? I've only a standard R34 but I'd like to give it a go and see what its putting out before I fall into the tuning pit.

Thanks,
Sean

1 - 20 of 84 Posts