GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of a rolling roll tune up but I think my diagnostic plug has been cut up for some reason
Do I need this for a tune up
Guitar accessory Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Bumper

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know i'm bloody stuck with it now I guess
The problem I have with my stage 1 ecu by bell engineering its playing up at higher speed just doesn't respond
I'm not that tech minded but someone said about speed density set up. So I've got some self teaching ahead of me

·
Registered
939 Posts
The ECU can not be tuned so although the diagnostic plug wiring needs repairing it will be of no use on the dyno for tuning. The ecu is a stage one for set modifications so you you need to check you have the correct mods and everything is working as it should. Other than that there is no adjustment and you have moved away from the oem turbo/intake etc you will need a new ecu.

Richard

·
Registered
939 Posts
Its a stock R33 GTST ECU. I do not do them any more and I do not think anyone else in the UK ever managed to do them!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ECU can not be tuned so although the diagnostic plug wiring needs repairing it will be of no use on the dyno for tuning. The ecu is a stage one for set modifications so you you need to check you have the correct mods and everything is working as it should. Other than that there is no adjustment and you have moved away from the oem turbo/intake etc you will need a new ecu.

Richard
Ok. Thanks,as its one of your ecu,s can you read it and tell what size injectors etc are needed because everything in the engine bay looks oem.
I've gone back to a standard ecu now and it's driving really well,,but minus some hp
Sorry don't worry with a reply,just noticed my other posts from you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts