GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any fellow R35 owners (North of the border) had the beasts Dyno'd ? If so where and any recommendations?

Thanks,

G.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Scotty, have you not had your R35 on Duncs RR at Hypertech??
I have mate we have used Duncan for all of our runs.

What i liked most about Duncans was that the standard figure was spot on, proving that any future gains it showed would be within a sensible range.

Standard car was 479 BHP and Nissan claim 460-480 so we were happy with that.

Duncan also has a custom designed tie down bracket which means that the car can be securely strapped down in a matter of minutes without having to worry about panels etc..........

I would highly recommend Duncan, he has not only dyno'd loads of GTR's now but he has also carried out extensive hardware changes e.g. downpipes full exhaust systems etc.

John H is due to get his dyno'd might be worth dropping him a line and the original poster and him go together???

Regards

ScottyB

Duncans Details:

Hypertech Scotland Ltd
Unit 13 Bonnybridge Ind Estate
Murnin Road
Bonnybridge
Falkirk
FK4 2BW

Tel - 01324 815 556

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have mate we have used Duncan for all of our runs.

What i liked most about Duncans was that the standard figure was spot on, proving that any future gains it showed would be within a sensible range.

Standard car was 479 BHP and Nissan claim 460-480 so we were happy with that.

Duncan also has a custom designed tie down bracket which means that the car can be securely strapped down in a matter of minutes without having to worry about panels etc..........

I would highly recommend Duncan, he has not only dyno'd loads of GTR's now but he has also carried out extensive hardware changes e.g. downpipes full exhaust systems etc.

John H is due to get his dyno'd might be worth dropping him a line and the original poster and him go together???

Regards

ScottyB

Duncans Details:

Hypertech Scotland Ltd
Unit 13 Bonnybridge Ind Estate
Murnin Road
Bonnybridge
Falkirk
FK4 2BW

Tel - 01324 815 556
Thanks for the information, I'll give Duncan a call and get something arranged.

Cheers,

G

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have probably used about every dyno in the country and know most dyno operators. dastek is the most professional outfit i have ever had the pleasure to deal with. from the dyno set up to the way they operated the dyno. these guys know dynos inside out, they design custom dynos ffs!!

if the car sits well on the dyno you should not have to strap it that hard in the first place. i think the figures i have got for the car are correct and explain the times i have got at crail with poor starts.

at the end of the day, most dynos are as good as the operator that runs them.

scotty

how are you so certain that the figures you got from your dd rollers are correct when in fact dyno dynamics only measure power at the wheel and has no way of measuring power at the fly? dastek use the rundown to measure transimittion loses, not idea but something,

the only accurate figures from any dyno is power at the wheels which is what the dyno can actually measure everything else is a guestimate.

power at the wheels will vary between dynos depending on the size of the rollers, size of tyres etc.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i had my car on the dyno at hypertec lets just say they couldnt get it to work right with my car i only had 455 bhp acording to them yet it ate a proven 600bhp evo on way home go figure that on out they just couldnt set it up right for the 33

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I've always found Dastek's figures to be quite conservative which is why I'm surprised that a car with a Y-pipe and standard map does 62 BHP over Nissan's quoted figures. The gain of 66 BHP with Sam's map is good, I'm not taking anything away from that.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Did a Dyno run at hypertech today and can say it went perfect

Now i know why i have the fastest terminal speed in the Uk and also the fastest time for a GTR35 to date at Crail

What a stonking power curve and to say i'm happy would be an undestatement.

As sugested abov i wont discuss number other than what my motor has done recently and the powere curve trend ..it's stonking.

Now i'm a bit of a non computer guy so have sentr the graphs to Ben at GTC so perhaps he could be so kind as to lkoad them up for you to view at your leasure.

What i will say is duncans Dyno was calibrated with a stock car nad now uses this to measure CHANGE...Change is the key not the numbers and from this dynbo run thats some change:flame::flame::flame:

Must now do the special thanks.

Ben at GTC for Y pipe, Turbo outlets AP and of course the special tunes I play.

Duncan for staraping me down and giving me a good thrashing

Scooty for all the introductions to the Dark Side

and last but not least The one person i have yet to meet in person, Thistle for composing some of the best music that has ever been played on the AP :bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:

To say i'm happy would be far too lame:D:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've always found Dastek's figures to be quite conservative which is why I'm surprised that a car with a Y-pipe and standard map does 62 BHP over Nissan's quoted figures. The gain of 66 BHP with Sam's map is good, I'm not taking anything away from that.
to be honest john i am not 100% how stock my stock map was, it was running 0.9bar in the logs and on the dash.

this running map is also very safe and very rich at the top end, i think 620 is very possible with a little bit of tweaking but considering it takes 10min to flash i could not be bothered to be honest. also i forgot to put the trans in R mod manual which meant it changed gear by itself at 7000revs.if i had kept it till 7500 it would have done more power :)

i am going to leave the car as is just now which is just Y pipe till i get the best out of this setup which i still dont think i have reached yet!! i believe i can get this car doing 10s at crail with just Y pipe ;)

but it will be april next year before i do that, i hardly ever drive the car to be honest ;)

sam

1 - 20 of 45 Posts