GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard from Chirs Mann who organised the ten of the best event they had a run what u brung day ther and ronnie clocked a 209mph over the 1.5mile distance and into the 10's1/4 mile

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
:eek:

Actually, dunno why i'm so shocked....we all know the car is the dogs dangly bits :D Even so, 209 mph ... and a 10 sec quarter...go Ronnie !

Daz

·
Registered
238 Posts
unfortunately it wasnt my event today!
fast car mag booked it apparently for a few cars. my mate who run the timing gear rung me to cheer me up as i was at work!

congrats to ronnie, spoke to him and chuffed was the word!

209mph on a std box as well apparently
rgds

·
Registered
87 Posts
Today

Just got back what a day

TOKYO will post so I'll leave it for that apart from a 10.78 1/4 mile:smokin: Yes 10.78 on the Standard Box

I have the 209 video as it passed and the 1/4 who's gonna host it
??

:)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Re: Today

Warren said:
Just got back what a day

TOKYO will post so I'll leave it for that apart from a 10.78 1/4 mile:smokin: Yes 10.78 on the Standard Box

I have the 209 video as it passed and the 1/4 who's gonna host it
??

:)
Warren - how are you mate ? Hope you are well.

Can you email me the file directly ? if so send it to :

[email protected] please mate...i'm on broadband so size isn't too much of a problem....as it's constantly downloading anyway !

Thanks mate - catch up with you soon,
Daz

·
Registered
87 Posts
Size

Each one is 5meg

I have a 207 and a 209 mph loads of 1/4's and still's

Matt can you take a 10 meg email

Daz on it's way mate.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Re: Size

Warren said:
Each one is 5meg

I have a 207 and a 209 mph loads of 1/4's and still's

Matt can you take a 10 meg email

Daz on it's way mate.
Many thanks mate - much appreciated.

Daz

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Results

I hope I don't cut anyones thunder, so I'll post a short summary as I'm sure everyone wants to know.

The highlights of an awesome day were:

Ronnie doing 209mph past us (we were 30 feet away), through the timing beams - the most awesome thing I've ever seen, it sounded like Thrust 2.

Ronnie running 4 runs of 10.8 seconds back to back to obliterate his existing times.

Henry running an 11.3 second quarter at only 1.1bar - just amazing.

The fact that Ronnie went through the timing beam at over 15mph faster than a well-driven tuned Hyabusa says it all.

Oh and top-boll**ks to the 'busa rider (Mark?) for doing a standing 1/4 mile entirely on the back wheel...........!

Guy

PS All the GTRs drove there and all drove back, though Glen did his usual habit of throwing away 3rd gear, i don't think it's his lucky number.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Nice bit of feedback Guy ! Now i just want to see the video more ! :D

Warren - i think you're going to be sending alot of emails mate !! :D

Sounds like a great event / day !

Daz

PS Hopefully next year i'll be able to come along to a few of these kinds of events ... as i always seem to miss them :(

1 - 20 of 71 Posts