GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
T9KYO

Glen,

I do understand your concerns on plates, but see a little irony in it when half the country knows your car only as 'The Tokyo Skyline'...

I wonder why that would be :p

Interesting sign in name you use on this board :D

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Whats up Lee

Thats my real name. I changed it by deed pole :D . Was the cheapest way I could get an exact name matching plate ;) .

But seriously I just follow the majority on this.

My personal view is all someone has to do is to turn up at a big Jap meet and they can have as many numbers as they want.

glen

ps. I've got T6KYO incase I ever want to change me name back :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Number Plates.

I agree with Glen that if you turn up to the Jap Meets and the owneras have left the reg plates on the car, instead of putting on show plates for instance then further details can obviously be obtained if your determined enough!:mad:

I have often wondered you know, that Tim's loverly R32 that was featured on the Clarkson "AT FULL THROTLE! video was shot with the plates still on it, and it subsequently disappeared never to be seen again shortly after!!

Otherwise i am just being paranoid!!:eek: again!!:smokin:

Stu

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Plates

Just get a set of duplicate number plates with T9KYO made for your cars.

That way its Glens car that gets stolen and also all the speeding tickets.

I suppose it does at least make people think his car can go fast!

Guy

·
Registered
312 Posts
Interesting!

Guy,

Very good idea in theory, but bummer! means i will have to repsray the R32 in that BAYSIDE BLUE colour as well..:D :D :D

Anyway i would do the spray job tomorrow for any free hp!! lol!

Stu

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Ouch, that hurt Guy

My engines apart and all the internals are ready to be installed.

I'm comin for ya Guy :D .

glen

·
Registered
127 Posts
HP!

Wallet looks like it has gone 5 rounds with Mr Tyson!;)

Think i should pay my wages straight to Rod Bell! lol!:p

Skylines = Plenty of pleasure but LOTS OF PAIN!:D

Stu

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
You know its worth it Stu

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas at the moment :D .

Brenhan.

He was on road tyres. Nothing special but ask Mark as he knows what they are. He managed an 11.05 at the following meet.

glen

·
Registered
127 Posts
MOds!

I agree with you Glen that it is worth it ! I have myself to blame as well, as from the moment i bought the STEEL crank for the motor, i knew it was gonna hurt!:mad:

Every time the bhp has gone up on the car my grin has got bigger !and have started asking more questions and learnt a great deal as well..

Do you have any idea when your car is gonna be ready?? I hope to see you and the motor at JAE or TTD??

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Dates

Motor came out yesterday and should be in and running by Billing so hopefully see you their :) .

glen

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I hearby request you take me for a spin in it when it's all in and sorted (otherwise i'll just get Mark to take me out in it :D ).

Daz :D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
First time

I drive it hard will probably be at 10 of the Best :) .

Mind you I might end up running it in 6-7 circuits of the M25 one night so fancy a ride :D .

glen

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Just interested to see what it's like in a big single car having been in a quick twin (Jamie M's).

Obviously i meant after it's run in. In my opinion, you'd have to be mad to drive a freshly rebuilt car too hard.

You just reminded me, must register my interest in a 10-of-the-best DVD seeing as i'm not likely to attend.

Daz

1 - 18 of 18 Posts