GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I've decided on getting Rota wheels for my R32, upgrading from 17" to 18", after a bit of reading it seems that 18x9.5 +12 is the recommended size to go for without the need to change the other stuff. I'll also go for 265 tyres.

I like these wheels to go on a gunmetal R32 :

GTR Drift

GTR

Never seen gunmetal/black Rota combinations, mostly silver 350Zs/R33s and black skylines/350Z. I'll be doing a respray as well and may consider a darker gunmetal with pearl. I think R32 GTRs look their best while dark :)

As these are also available in matt or gloss, is the gloss too shiny?

I'd love to see some pictures of these wheels on Skylines to help me decide, thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
255x35x18 is a better rolling radius match for stock wheels than 265. Your speedo will thank you ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Aren't they both the GTR Drifts but one is low offset, one's decent?

The first one must be a +12 or +15, the second a +35 or something.

I've got 18x9.5in et 12 Volk TE37 G2s on the R32 and no problems at all, and as major sarcasm said go for the 255s :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I seem to have posted in the wrong category, can the mods move this to the general section for Skyline R32s? thanks.

I read that 255 is fine but will expose the rims a bit more to curbs. Someone had 275s to overcome this and IMO it looks better. 265 seems to be the middle ground.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The rim protector on my Vredestein 255s cover the rim quite nicely on my 9.5x18 Gram Lights. However, it's up to you ;) 265s will give you a little more traction I suppose, at the expense of a little speedo accuracy.

The Drifts look more aggressive to me, that would be my choice, but I think you'll need to roll/grind the arches a touch to get them to clear with the offset they're offered in (+12 IIRC to get that spoke angle). The +30s that I've seen don't seem to have the same rake-back spoke design.

They'll look hard as nails though :D

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Hey folks,

I've decided on getting Rota wheels for my R32, upgrading from 17" to 18", after a bit of reading it seems that 18x9.5 +12 is the recommended size to go for without the need to change the other stuff. I'll also go for 265 tyres.

I like these wheels to go on a gunmetal R32 :

GTR Drift

GTR

Never seen gunmetal/black Rota combinations, mostly silver 350Zs/R33s and black skylines/350Z. I'll be doing a respray as well and may consider a darker gunmetal with pearl. I think R32 GTRs look their best while dark :)

As these are also available in matt or gloss, is the gloss too shiny?

I'd love to see some pictures of these wheels on Skylines to help me decide, thanks!
Go for the drift version with 265s I say. I'd also go with a matt finish. IMHO gloss isn't a good look, they'll get covered in brake dust anyway.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I've just ordered the GTR Drifts in Matt Bronze - 18 x 9.5 +20 Offset with Toyo T1R tyres - 255/35/18.

Will upload pics once they are on the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
wheels and tyres

hi i was advised to go for 40 profile on my 18s with t1rs for better performance alround on trackdays and road as 35s can be a little more bumpy on the road . only advice best regards :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
The width won't have any impact on the speedo, its the wheel size and tyre profile that will effect the speedo. Speedos are out massively anyway, normally about 5-10% on most cars.!

I also prefer the first one, but as said before, it may just be because it is a wider wheel.

·
Registered
509 Posts
i have those wheels on my car and there both rota drift gtrs but the top one is 9.5"wide and the 2nd pic is 8.5"wide :)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
hi i was advised to go for 40 profile on my 18s with t1rs for better performance alround on trackdays and road as 35s can be a little more bumpy on the road . only advice best regards :thumbsup:
If you're going with 255s or 265s on 18s then a 40 profile will probably cause you problems. The total tyre height (or diameter if you prefer) will be greater than the originals. So speedo will be out and it'll probably have rubbing problems (obviously this depends on ride height etc).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts