GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok found a few posts via the search button but they left me confused ! LOL

One shows a set of GTR's 18x9.5 on an et 12 and another show 18x9.5 et 30 yet they both sit exactly the same ???

Im looking at probably 18 x 9.5's but want to know what offset to go for so that I DONT need spacers and will have them sitting just nicely with no arch rubbing as per my current Volk GT-C's

Any hints ?? Oh and ill be running 265/35 18 tyres too. Shes currently lowered and does not rub at all on 18 x 9's with those same sized tyres.

·
Registered
798 Posts
In the rota drift range the best off set size they do is et20..would be better then et 30 on a gtr..et30 wouldnt fill out the arches..check out "best r32s pics" on the gallery.theres a nice pic of a grey r32 with black rota drifts(last page or 2)..think there et20

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I had et30 on my last R32GTR and it looked ok with regards to filling the arch (18x9.5 rota torques). There was only a couple of mm clearence on the standard r32 gtr front callipers.

Edit- looked fine with standard GTR bodywork. If you have big chunky skirts and bumpers then maybe a lower offset would be better

·
Registered
127 Posts
I hate trying to understand offset, I just get confused :nervous:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome mate and you have the exact same kit as me :)

You even went for them in white ! LOL

Thanks for the pics mate, my mind is now made up ! LOL

Do you get any rubbing on the front when turning full lock etc ? Also did you need to roll the arch lips at all ?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Are these definately et12? Im also buying new rotas and the best they offer in the uk is et 20 offset..where can you get them in et12??

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Are these definately et12? Im also buying new rotas and the best they offer in the uk is et 20 offset..where can you get them in et12??
I also have a set of rotas 18x9.5 et12,i went on there site the other day and could not find that offset,maybe they have stopped making that offset.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Awesome mate and you have the exact same kit as me :)

You even went for them in white ! LOL

Thanks for the pics mate, my mind is now made up ! LOL

Do you get any rubbing on the front when turning full lock etc ? Also did you need to roll the arch lips at all ?
Both the front and rear arches has been rolled / cut. Not sure how much, since i have never seen stock arches.

No rubbing at all, even with 4people in the car.

I was actually thinking of using some spacers on the frontwheels, maybe some 5mm ones. :)

Asim

·
Registered
114 Posts
dude! first you swap a lovely rx7 in for a *****! now ur swapping proper volks for rotas? whats the world coming to!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts