GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always assumed that one would rotate tires regularly on a GTR as one would on any car that had four identically sized wheels and tires. But on the thread "thinking of buying" someone specifically warns against tires that appear to have been moved from front to rear or vice versa?

So can you rotate tires as normal on a GTR? i.e., fronts to rear and reversing left and right?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I wouldn't rotate them anyway other than front to back unless you do it very regularly. Most skylines are set up with a fair amount of negative camber, [especially on the back], so the tires wear out on the inside edge real quick..

If you were to switch two tires from each side that were heavily worn like this, after the switch the base of the tyre will be sloping in the opposite direction to the camber setting and this isn't going to do your handling any favours..

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
4 off, 4 on !!!

THE GOLDEN RULE !!!!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Why does GTR have to be set up with loads of negative camber?

I am just wondering in "road" use, wouldn't it be better to have around -1 degree of camber in the front and back and use some toe in to even the wear.

I am not a expert by all mean, but I am wondering how much difference will that make in terms of handling as opposed to have something like -2.5 degree of camber on the back.

Of couse, you have to pay for a camber kit, but those are quite affordable now a days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts