GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen,

as my BCNR33 breaks are expected to see their 16th winter I'm looking for a replacement... Can anybody tell me good or bad things about Rotora 6 pot (front) and 4 pot (rear) big brake kit for this car?

Thanks!

Anton

·
Registered
670 Posts
Drewzner,

They normally go for (including tax):
2000 euro for the 320mm diameter
2500 euro for the 355mm diameter (6 piston calipers)
3000 euro for the 380mm diameter (6 piston calipers).

These are the JBT / Rotora units. I spoke to the distributor and he said there are no real resellers assigned for the UK, so if you need them let me know and I can arrange them for you or put you in contact with the importer for europe.

The Ukraine guy doesn't pay tax so he's buying 19% cheaper.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I run the 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears. The rims MUST be 18 or larger ( rims like CR kAIs) must be atleast 19s for clearance. They are pretty powerful brakes I must say. I've had them for 3 seasons but only used them this past summer. I use H6 carbon pads and drilled/slotted 2 pc rotors (355mm/330mm) and rotora stainless lines. They were direct fitment other than cutting the brake dust shields off with a zip disc grinder (rather than taking everything apart) and I had to enlarge on of the bolt holds on the stainless line anchors up 2 sizes. It took me a few hours to install with my brother who is a computer guy (useless with hand tools lol). The cost was over $4000USD but was well worth it. Rotora has MANY colors to choose from but with my black car, red was the answer for me. They have yellow, purple, baby blue, chrome, list goes on.

If I remember right, I lost about 9 pounds on each side in the rear and 10 on each side in the front compared to stock. I use Motul DOT5.1 brake fluid. OEM brake master cylinder and most likely getting rid of ABS due to being able to lock up the wheels at 160km/hr and the ABS not caring or doing anything about it. I want to go with an N1 Brake master cylinder but I can't find a supplier or seller for it.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Looking good!

IIRC the N1 Master Cyl is a non ABS unit. If you want to retain the ABS you should just put an R33 GTR Master Cyl (straight fit, apart from the plug to the fluid level) or a Stagea Autech Master Cyl (more bias to the rear than the R33 Master Cyl, I run one of these on my R32 with my Wilwood 6pot/4pot brakes.)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I believe the R33 GTR master cylinder is also a GTS sized and therefor smaller than R32 GTR size. R34 N1 is what I'm after. 1 and 1/16
No, R33 is definatly bigger than the R32's due to the Brembos, I think you'll find the R33 and R34 are the same size as they run the same brakes.

The R32 unit is a BM50 and the R33/R34 is a BM57

N1 units are smaller from what I remember due to no ABS

Check this post out.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/104781-brake-master-cylinder-size.html

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys, from what I understand it's non-normal to get no ABS with increased brakes. I've been swapping my car's stock brakes with the different brake machines for years and ABS was functioning the same. Am I just lucky or what? It's really CRITICAL to me as I don't want to have non-ABS GT-R :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.