GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently bought an R33 GTR v-spec and it hasn't got a turbo timer fitted. Is this something I should get? and how much do they cost to be fitted? Im just thinking its better to be safe than sorry...

Thanks Andy

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Welcome to forum, not really something you need it's more of a novelty. I removed them and sold them on when I had one fitted to an old turbo car. Just let the car idle for 60 seconds or so or the last mile, do a very gentle drive back before turning the car off keeping off boost.

Save the money and invest elsewhere or just let it sit in your bank :)
They're about £120 + fitting I think though? So maybe looking at about £180 or so all fitted?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Its not vital to have.
If you have good memory and can spare 5mins extra then theres no need.

Just remember to not turn car off straight away.

Regarding cost of fitting. No more than £50. As for as price of a unit.. It can vary from cheap ones to something more branded but they all do the job..

Hope that helps

·
Registered
591 Posts
You'll also not be able to use most turbo timers if you have any sort of decent immobiliser system fitted - unless you get one fitted with a compatible alarm which adds up to a fair amount more but does let you lock and immobilise the car whilst it's idling away

·
Registered
5 Posts
As above, best way is to have one as part of the alarm. I had a HKS Type one on my S15 which automatically calculated how long it needed, however because it wasn't part of the alarm system you ended up waiting for it to do its thing anyway! That said some people can get a little impatient and turn the car off straight away and for those people they are great because it ensures the car has sufficient cool down time :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts