GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Great day, thanks Darin and Barry.

The day started a little slowly, with a couple of stoppages to deal with cars that couldn't quite manage a full lap without breaking and some chicanes that go a bit blown around in the wind.

The afternoon ran really well and was really enjoyable.

So different to a track day and probably a much better way to improve your driving. The concentration required to get everything right in one lap is totally different to a trackday where there will always be another lap to "get that corner right". Not knowing the circuit at all made things a bit interesting, and the urge to push on while not having the line fixed in the mind can add to the risks a little; after really hooking up the apex at tower i arrived at bobbies chicane 15mph faster than previously, trail braked a little too much, over rotated, countersteered, caught the spin and pretty much drove through the tyres on the second apex at 40mph, thankfully only minor damage i think. So fun onboard video to follow :)

Other than that blip, i steadily improved my times and my last run was my fastest clinching the prized second slowest GTR honors :D with plenty of room for improvement.

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Pictures of the GTRs and Skylines and I'll post a link later to some shots of the other cars taking part. A really good day and nice to meet up with some real enthusiasts who took part. Looking forward to the next round at Blyton.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Entries for the 2nd round of the GTROC/Litchfield Sprint at Blyton Circuit Lincs. are available now in the GTROC shop in the track day section.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will add these photos to a new album on the GTROC facebook website shortly :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Well done to everyone taking part:clap:

Alex - sorry to see that - glad only minor damage but car looking really quick:thumbsup:

Some seriously fast cars on that list:bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Other than that blip, i steadily improved my times and my last run was my fastest clinching the prized second slowest GTR honors :D with plenty of room for improvement.
You had a beautifully turned out car, excellent to see it.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Top stuff Barry. Thanks for your support :smokin:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Just catching up with the two threads about this.
Was a good day, if a little slow to start due to people breaking there non-Nissan cars on the first lap.

After my early departure I went home, packed and loaded son in the the R35 before heading off again and have just got back.

Pictures look good and it looks like I didn't do too bad.
Alex didn't have the bit of track knowledge I had and was only a second slower so I suspect a few laps more and he'd have passed me.

But overall an enjoyable day and it was interesting to see what a Sprint event is all about.

I've got a video or two, will put them up when I get time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts