GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im pondering this Mishimoto universal oil cooler but im not sure how to rout it. I don't want to get in and just start pulling lines if I don't know what im doing. Thanks guys, any input would help

·
Registered
452 Posts
Have you ever fitted an oil cooler kit before?

Do a dry mock up of where you want everything to go just to get the idea in your head.
Set aside plenty time to do this job and make it neat.

If you need any other help just let me know

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not too concered with where to put it, and im pretty handy with making brackets and such. What I need to know is actually where to put the in and out lines.

Splicing? Cutting?

Also to answer an earlier question I've never ran an oil cooler before, and the only car I've had with one was a eight-six and that was a bit simpler

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Assuming that you don't have a remote filter then you'll need a take off plate. I'm in process of looking for a thermostatically controlled item. I seem to remember finding one for about £38ish before going on hols. If I find it again I'll try and remember to post it up for you.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Assuming that you don't have a remote filter then you'll need a take off plate. I'm in process of looking for a thermostatically controlled item. I seem to remember finding one for about £38ish before going on hols. If I find it again I'll try and remember to post it up for you.
That would be fantastic sir, thank you

·
Registered
215 Posts
you'll probley need a oil fitler relocation kit if your getting a thermostat sandwich plate as theres not enough room to fit it on,i tryed on my and wasted the day!!a sandwich plate with top feeds is the one i got and fitted it with pipes fitted..
try a google search for mocal there cheap and do the job..

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
this is shown in pictures in the link i showed earlier lol if any one looked properly :popcorn:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts