GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
My friend and I went down to London to work for Fuel (visual's/entertainment/record label) to swap a RB25DET into their Drift Truck S13! The car will be drifted in demo's at the shows this summer by one of the Fuel Girls, so we had to make sure we did it right ! lol

Here's a few pic's from my time in London.

Hey, managed to get some pics from when we went down to London to work for Fuel.
Had an amazing time of shit loads of slave labouring under Richie, sleeping in dodgy places, swapping in the RB25DET Motor into the Fuel Drift Truck and tons more missions.

here's the pics:

Arrived at the Fuel Garage, on a random farm in the middle of nowhere.

The Unit.

Met these two cheeky chappys...

...two lovely cars from GT Culture borrowed by Fuel to display on The Fuel Car Catwalk in Paris a few days before

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Here's the S13 Pick Up Truck!

With Poorly Busted CA18DET Motor that had seen approx 2 hrs road time

Bummed R33 Skyline GTS...

...was lookin extremely sorry for itself after havin a big argument with wall at high speed...

...every panel was a bit wonky...

..especially this one

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

So we began removing the CA from the poorly patient

The only thing salvageable from the 33 was the motor, prop, cross member, loom... and 4 screws, the rest was junk. The broken glass everywhere was really fun.

ACTION PIC NUMBER 1! The door HAD to open somehow!

We then started to trace the loom on the Skyline, the job was not made easier by the presence of a trick immobiliser system

which cost in excess of £1g to install!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

This is the Bottom TCA on the 33, you can see it has shattered from the impact

ACTION SHOT NUMBER 2! Front of 33 getting amputated!Nice Hot grinding action Ol!

Front of 33 gone in bin, allowing room to pull the motor straight out

Few more removal jobs in order to let motor drop,getting late.. and getting very ****in cold!

After removing suspension, we removed the subframe bolts to drop the entire motor/subframe/steering rack out of the expensive paperweight.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Finally Out! RB Motor ready for its new home!

sexy blocky action

Beginning to trace and split the engine loom on the RB, FUN!

Got Dish?!! Here we see the rear 265 tyre stretched over 11" wide rim! Fronts are 245 over 9.5!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Day 2 and we began by removing the bent steering rack from the R33 Subframe, and then cracked on with CA removal.

Disconnecting the Power Steering Lines

And the brackets, which needed to be modified to work with the new RB

Then We removed the AntiRollBar(ARB), the Lower TCA and Tie Rod End from Knuckle.

Here you can see the S13 ARB, This needs to be lowered on its mounts to clear the RB25 Oil Sump, so we fabricated some relocating spacers out of acrylic with longer bolts.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

OK, so the S13 Subframe Bolts didn't want to co-operate... so they had to get chopped right out of the team = HOT ACTION PIC 3 i think

Visit the inside of the drift truck..with loadsa gauges and lovely cage. This will be home to an even lovelier site.. gorgeous Fuel girl Naomi who will be drifting it! You'll have to check her **** out action at the shows this summer

The CA gearbox mount bolts were then removed, and we dropped the gay thing out and kicked it in, called it lots of harsh names, before pushing it outside the unit to have a good think about its naughty self

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still Day 2.

So we swapped the S13 Steering Rack onto the RB25 Subframe, so everything steering wise was original except the p/s pump + lines. We then rolled the RB Powerplant over to the S13 and dropped the S13 over the engine.

Here we can see the RB25DET Subframe lining up to the Chassis Leg on the S13. We had to drill out a little bit from the rear subframe bolt hole so the bolts would allign spot on.

Hmmm! RING!

Okay so we got the Subframe bolts from the R33 into the subframe and began doing up most the suspension. We still had to sort out the gearbox mount.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
The Gearbox Mount for this conversion needed fabricating, because the new Skyline Gearbox sits back about 4 cm behind the holes in the S13.

So we took the S13 Gearbox Cross Mount, Cut off the legs, welded new longer plate legs with reinforcement cross sections onto the mount, and re drilled the new holes to allow the gearbox to mount into the original holes on the S13.

Here's a finishing photo of the custom S13 RB25 Rear gearbox mount, finished in black, bolted into the S13. Engine and Gearbox In!

Having got the powerplant in.. we then began making measurements for the new custom propshaft, which has been sent off to get machined by an engineering company.

We jumped on the electrics then, and began matching up the S13 Car Loom to the RB Engine Loom into the RB ECU. FUN!

That's about the time I got sick of taking photos really, and haven't got many more conversion pics to show...
Here's some randoms:

The Fuel Maximum Bass Evil Klown FD RX7, with shot electrics, collapsed rotor, looking very sorry for itself. We're back down to fix it soon

The abused R33 saying goodbye to its friend.

I will get some more snaps of the car in testing/action when I'm next back down to work for Fuel next week!

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Great thread and great pics, Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed seeing this kind of work being done. Allways wanted to do stuff like this meself but never seem to get time.

Mark.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for reading guys, glad you enjoyed our work.

Lynchy, I'm in Buckley Mountain, near Broughton mate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts