I would say the opposite! There have been lots of points raised about how the running in process may effect your warranty. I reckon the engines are pretty much bomb proof however you run in your car, however just make sure you are confident the way you run in your car has no effect on your warranty.Hehehe, most people would say the opposite!
How can they know the difference between well run in and not well run in....they just told you bsNot quite as simple as described but not as complex as the manual either! I am a complete petrolhead and was nicely complimented by the HPC who described my GTR as "very well run in".
i agree with you pal , as a qualified engineer i know new metal parts need to be bedded in and more so when there is high temperatures involved,,Not quite as simple as described but not as complex as the manual either! I am a complete petrolhead and was nicely complimented by the HPC who described my GTR as "very well run in".
You are trying to run in at low, medium and then high revs during the first 1,200 miles - I did the following:
1. First 300 miles stay below 3,500 revs, no more than 60% throttle acceleration to get there.
2. 300-600 miles use 4,500 revs as the limit with no more than 70% throttle to get there and long shifting of gears (hold the gears to rev to the limit using manual).
3. 600-900 miles use 5,500 revs as the limit with no more than 80% throttle to get there and long shifting of gears (hold the gears to rev to the limit using manual).
4. 900-1200 miles use whole rev range, full throttle whenever possible and keep long shifting gears manually.
5. Use 'soft' suspension setting until optimisation service.
Hopefully that helps.
What an absolute cretin!! With such a high post count it's plain to see that you have massively contributed to this forum........NOT!! If you had any idea of what you're talking about then you'd know that Alex has been instrumental in some high profile decisions made by Nissan. Please help yourself to a drink, there's a can of 'STFU' with your name written all over it. :lamer:What a useful positive chap you are - so love to shoot the beeze with you sometime...not.
I'm getting a 2010 model and they have cooling upgrades etc... Ah well see you on the 31st of may