GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

300 or so mile will have past this morning when I drive back from the detailers. So for the next 300 we are easing in the power in the higher gears, no probs.

For the last 600 miles though we are looking for higher revs under limited load, for me this is going to take place driving to and from the MPH show at NEC, bit difficult on the motorways don't you think.

What are your recommendations, plus it might push my 1200 mile service to 1400 miles, again could this be an issue?:runaway:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't think this will really help you, but for me, running in a car would see very limited motorway use.

Remember, you are not just running in the engine, you are running everything. I like to be up and down through the gears varying revs and load as much as possible whilst also sticking to the manufacturers recommendations. For this reason, I will spend most of my time around town and on A roads.

One constant 3,000rpm drive for 500 miles will rack up the miles, but won't give the car a good range of everything.

I'm sure this running in will cause your car absolutely no problems at all, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ditto to the above frosty

For my last 600 miles I took as many trips out to roads that were good for manual driving on the Paddles and some good twisty and uneven flat & hilly roads which is great fun :D and allows you to drive the car as per the running in instructions e.g. rev range and lower gears etc etc. Where I live in Town I cant avoid the motorways and whilst on them when I could i would change into manual and use the gears a little :D

Optimisation all done now :clap::D:thumbsup: Bring on the Horses :clap:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Great stuff CJay. I see you have made an excellent colour choice too sir :)

My car is due in 1 month from now. The previous 18 months have been fine as it's all seemed so distant, but the final month is killing me!

I just have to sell my Evo 9 now, then wait a few days, and I'll be on the running in schedule myself.

·
Registered
866 Posts
My run in procedure was as follows;

0-300miles auto mode
300-600miles auto mode with comfort suspension
600-1200miles manual using max 50% throttle but taking the car to about 6krpm, and driving with the revs kept high.

Had my inspection today at 1350miles, no problems.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ditto to the above frosty

For my last 600 miles I took as many trips out to roads that were good for manual driving on the Paddles and some good twisty and uneven flat & hilly roads which is great fun :D and allows you to drive the car as per the running in instructions e.g. rev range and lower gears etc etc. Where I live in Town I cant avoid the motorways and whilst on them when I could i would change into manual and use the gears a little :D

Optimisation all done now :clap::D:thumbsup: Bring on the Horses :clap:
LOL considering I live in the land of the twisties then it is very unusual to do much motorway driving.

Now that I am running at 350 miles I am pushing on more in 4th and 5th although revs still below 4500.

Its just that i forecast a run down to NEC which is around 350 miles each way. I guess I shall just have to play a bit with the flappies on the motorway keeping revs up to 5-1/2 with light load every now and then. Better take plenty of cash for fuel. :nervous:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I averaged 23mpg for my first 300 miles and then refilled - my second tank lasted 184 miles!!!

585 miles on the clock now.

D

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Lindsay email Iain Cameron @ Nobles. I drove around with high revs for the first 100 miles after 600 miles and he said it wasn't totally necessary. i.e driving all the way to Brum in 3rd and 4th isn't required.
He almost mentioned a few guys who COBB'd and wheelspun out the dealership!! lol

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I was due to have my optimisation service Saturday last (7th I think). The car had been booked in for almost two weeks, then on the night before I received a voice mail asking not to come in at the agreed 08:30am, but to come in at 10:00am. I couldnt do this, as explained when I booked the car in, because I was on my way to Wales that day. So I am now booked in for a week Saturday (21st) at 08:30am.

I asked the service manager why the time was changed, and she said she would find out and call me back. She didn't.

The dealership in question is Westway Nissan in Oxford. :blahblah:
YOU ARE BEING WATCHED! :)

Let's see what the service is like when they actually perform some services.
Not happy. Not happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts