GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, im jus about finished rebuilding my rb20det i got it bored out and resleaved and skimmed the usual stuff, just want some advice on how long to run the engine when i turn the key what to do and what not to do??? any advice on this would be much helpfull!!! thanks

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
hi mate. tell you what i,ve have done rb26 dett. 20/50 £5 engine oil, first 300 miles, 1 bar boost made the engine labour slightly, town work, hills etc 4000 rpm max. now changing to 15/50 semi synth for the next 200 then fully synth and mapping. mine has been bored and rebuilt with new cams by myself no garages. mot was sat, 3 miles on the new motor, did 70 miles sat as above then went to elvington totb sun another 170 miles no oil used and runs like a good un.. hope this helps.. p.s will be on track at silverstone sept, so no mercy there then. bernie.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
give it medium to hard work straight away with 5-10psi boost and up to 5000rpm, don;t leave it idling for long and don't pussy it, give it work on a nice uphill windy road.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats great help guys, so give it some kinda labour but not too much? no its my first engine rebuild done al of it myself so i dont wanna **** it up ha ha!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts