GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Feb 2011 it will be compulsory for all new cars registered in the EU to have Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) Typically LED similar to the latest Audi's. Many mainstream manufacturers are embracing this now. Does anyone know as to whether this is a standard fit on MY 2010 R35.
I have seen a couplle of dealer fit in the front splitters.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
JDM cars have this option, they are fitted to mine

some importers sell them as well but they are not cheap

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Leave them well alone, they look like an immediate solution to cheapening your GTR!

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Jesus Robbie, looks like you've put on a few pounds in that photo....

nice leathers too!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Leave them well alone, they look like an immediate solution to cheapening your GTR!
Ha!
But they're a bargain - I was wondering if I could fit three sets into that little gap in the front, I might be able to get a deal on the price at £2500 if I'm really cheeky! :flame:

Sorry Robbie and Daryl - but i just don't see why you'd want these - especially at this kind of price.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
please post a piccy when done and let us know if they are set on auto light with sensor or switched. thanks Gordon

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm amazed - the technology involved here is what? - four or five leds in a row on each side fitted into a peice of plastic and connected to the car's power supply? - Must cost them all of £20 to make that!!!

If this 'upgrade' was £100 I'd think you were being stiffed, but the numbers you guys are talking about are just ridiculous. Have you nothing better to spend your cash on!!??

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I'm amazed - the technology involved here is what? - four or five leds in a row on each side fitted into a peice of plastic and connected to the car's power supply? - Must cost them all of £20 to make that!!!

If this 'upgrade' was £100 I'd think you were being stiffed, but the numbers you guys are talking about are just ridiculous. Have you nothing better to spend your cash on!!??
Ok, thanks, you've made your opinion clear. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
I ummed and arred about getting these LEDs but I just felt they were a touch too bland, considering the extreme styling elsewhere on the car.

I'm hoping somebody will produce something with a little more cutting edge design.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I notice from the NAGTROC club links that these MUST be removed if you are running the car on the track . . .
For what reason exactly? I can't see them blocking any significant amount of air, especially with the big front grills.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts