GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to run the engine on my GTR without the cam belt cover?? can I just bolt the cam position sensor back on and away we go?? want to be able to use my car while I experiment with paint finishes on the cover! Anything I should be careful of?? don't want aything getting caught in the cam belt!

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
562 Posts
I know people who dont use the cam belt cover especially when they have the HKS type adjustable pully`s. They havent had a prob but that doesnt mean something cant get wrapped round though.

Best solution would be to source a doner set and give them back when yours are done. RK was kind enough to lend me a set whilst I was having mine done

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm good idea. if I can find someone near me! Also heard that you should use a spacer with the Cam position sensor else it breaks the shaft or something? Anyone got any info on the spacers? or size if just any washers will do? I Only need to get it running to take it to a body shop anyway.. so it will get used to go on and off a trailer!

Sloathy is that you engine bay.. can you post a larger picture.. looks yummy!! what colour is that? I think I am going for blue of sorts! was going for red originally but can't find a suitably nice one! and every car I have done before it's been blue! But I am planning to liven it up a bit!

Lee

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thanks Lee, yes its mine.

The paint has been put on as a marble effect and is candy red and black with a hint of silver. I too was going to have blue but my paint man convinced me that red shows up better so I took his advice. The air intakes were taken off, sanded and then polished by hand. Takes a while but is well worth it for the results and is very satisfying to know youve done it yourself.
The pic was taken with my phone so is a bit grainy Im afraid but will post it all the same if it will help?

John

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohh Please post the pic anywya!! Sounds lovely!!
Thought I had finally decided on blue.. Now I am not sure again!!!

I love spending the extra time adding the finishing touches to your car so it personalises it and stands out form a crowd!

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
If you put the CAS on without the cover make sure you space it, ive just replaced a head for someone who didnt.

3 std thickness washers, 9 in total gives enough clearance.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts